Still worried :/

minnieoxox

Reaction score
I thought all the worrying would be over after the first trimester, but I just can't seem to stop, everytime I get excited about having my baby, I always think in the back of my mind, but something might still go wrong.
I wanted to be pregnant for ages and now I am all I do is worry and can't enjoy it because I'm always thinking about the worst! :(
Anyone else feel like this? And how low are the chances now??

I'd say the chances now are extremely low.
Please try not to worry, enjoy your pregnancy x

It is so hard not to worry, but you should relax and enjoy it as much as you can. The risks at 15 weeks are so low it's not worth worrying about.

This might be a slightly negative sounding comment but it really isn't, what helped me was when I figured I'll only ever be pregnant with this baby once so I should enjoy it no matter what. In fact I think I read that piece of advice given by someone else on this forum :) it really helped me connect with the baby a bit more and I felt a lot more positive.

Try to enjoy it all :) xx

Last edited:
Its a worry that hasnt yet left me and to be honest, I dont think it will until I hold my gorgous baby in my arms and no she (he) is safe. Then I will begin another whole lifetime of worrying about her (him). I am still taking this pregnancy in steps. My next is 18wks. Then 20wk scan, then 24 wks (V day). As I passe ach milestone I feel a sence of relief - I have lots more to go, but passing each one makes me one step closer to holding my baby xx

I am almost at the finishing line and I still worry myself sick every single day...
I will not stop until I hear the baby crying and then have it snuggled in my cuddle.
After that a whole new world of worries will start and it will stop probably when I leave the earthen life...
I think it's welcome to motherhood for all of us and we better get used to it because it's going nowhere lol...

After 3 losses last year I thought I'd be consumed with worry but I have made such an effort to be relaxed and enjoy this pregnancy that it has actually started to work :lol:

I think up until 20w scan I still had a bit of fear but once we had that scan and I started to feel bub move I have been feeling loads better.

I'll never truly relax and be calm but I am a lot calmer and ralxed than I though I would be IYKWIM? This could be my only baby and I am not going to ruin this experience by being stressed and afraid...

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
yeah me too, i get worse the nearer I am approaching a scan, as if its the day i could be hearing bad news, and then i see this little wriggler and my worries melt away ... and then they come back .... increasing slowly and slowy as I'm leading up to the next scan.

This might be a slightly negative sounding comment but it really isn't, what helped me was when I figured I'll only ever be pregnant with this baby once so I should enjoy it no matter what. In fact I think I read that piece of advice given by someone else on this forum :) it really helped me connect with the baby a bit more and I felt a lot more positive.

that is great advice
Thankyou

Last edited:
I think it's only natural to have some concerns/worries. I still get moments when I have irrational thoughts/worries and have to remind myself to relax! I'm desperate to enjoy this pregnancy as it's such a special time and I'm ruining it by stressing about things out of my control!

Please do try and relax - what Sarah7 says is very true!

You aren't alone with your worries, do you have a good relationship with your MW? Could you call her and have a chat? Xx

I am a natural born worrier and still at 25 weeks have some niggly worries. I must say, once I felt proper movements I started to relax a bit. I was also so against a doppler incase I couldn't locate the FHB but eventually I got one and its been the best thing ever. I listen to my baby each evening when I am applying my bio oil after my bath. Its been a godsend and worth its weight. I left it quite late to get one due to the fears but I really do wish I had done it sooner.

Is this something you could do?

Hope you can relax soon and enjoy your pregnancy like the others have said. It wont be for much longer and although it feels like it at times, time doesnt stand still and you will have your baby soon. xx

It is worrying but I'm trying to stay positive and focus on the exciting things.That doesn't mean I don't have worries though. At the moment I've been concerned about not having a bump and when I'll feel kicks but I've got better at putting it all to the back of my mind because there's nothing I can do to speed things like that along it will happen when it happens. Just as I think what will happen will happen with my pregnancy in general and as long as I try to stay healthy there's not much else I can do about it xxx

Hey, I'm a high risk pregnancy as I've got twins sharing a placenta, so even if I wanted to relax I don't feel like I can. I'm constantly feeling on edge and reading up about things online which don't help as they're all pretty scary. I have to be monitored and give birth early and there are risks throughout for me.
I try to relax and just enjoy it at times and I do get excited but then it dawns on me that I don't want to 'count my chickens before they've hatched' as my mum would say.

Worrying is a big part of becoming a parent, so just think to yourself that you're just being a good mummy :) I know even if all goes well I'll be worrying every day about my babies safety from birth anyway so may as well start now lol xx

I totally agree with you. I worry about everything and have not really enjoyed pregnancy yet. When 12 weeks had passed I found new worries and now I worry about my 20 week scan. I think the others are right though, when the 20 week scan is done and baby starts to move, then at least you have physical proof that everything is ok. I totally understand though and it's why I joined the forum, to share worries and get support xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back