sticky eye/eye infection???

Kimbo

Reaction score
leah's left eye keeps watering a lot, and theres like a mucousy discharge coming from it every so often.
i've cleaned it with milk, and coiled water

will it go on its own or should i take her to the docs?
she's not been moaning with it, and it doesnt seem to be bothering her

Becky has had an eye like this for a couple of days and the midwife wasn't bothered when she was in yesterday. It looks much better this morning - we've just been bathing it like you have with boiled water. The midwife says she'll take a swab if it lasts longer so if you're worried you could always talk to your health visitor or GP.

Spoke to my SIL who said get used to it because it happens to her wee boy all the time!

Jenna has had sticky eye on & off - just getting over it at the moment again. I use boiled cooled water or saline solution (same stuff used for contact lenses. She has needed to have antibiotic drops once as it hadn't gone after 10 days. Otherwise seem to have disappeared by itself the other times. I'm hoping once her tears come through she won't get it anymore

hope shes ok :( does normal milk work then? thought it was only boobie milk.. you can try boiled water with some salt.. let it cool completly then drop a few drips into her eye or jsut on the inside and let her blink it in..

Harrison had it from birth and still has it now, I just clean it with boiled water

hi a woman at my dd1 school told me use johnsons baby shampoo just 1 tiny drop with a cup of warm water and wipe on eye with cotton wool and it worked. i was glad to because she already had atibiotics off doc a few weeks before for an eye infection. if its still there in a week hun take her docs n he will give her something.

xxxx

thanks for your replies

how do i massage the tear duct??

Layla had this on and off up to 6 wks. I was advised to use cooled camomile tea and that helped clear it up.

Finlay has this - it was in one eye yesterday and now its in both.

The midwife has just been and she says to try breastmilk. I've been cleaning it with cooled boiled water and one of them is clearing up but I am going to try some breastmilk too ;)

went to get her weighed today n saw HV while there
she said get some drops from the doctors so got an appt for tomorrow :)

Sophie had this for a couple of days, I squirted her eye area when she came off the breast whilst feeding her and it cleared up immediately. For 24hrs there was lots of gunk and then none!!!! :dance:

I wouldn't recommend putting salt in the boiled water as it could cause more problems. I asked my mum about that at the time and she said her friend did it and the doctor really told her off.

An old wives tale my mum used to use was bathing the eye with cold tea.

Try a few things out and if it doesn't clear up in a few days see the doctor.

Don't forget to use a different piece of cotton wool for each eye and wipe from the inside outwards. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back