Steak Pudding

maria1976

Reaction score
I fancy making this :) so went out and bought a large pudding dish, but...........................I have no idea how to make it. Just had a look at a recipe online, but it says it takes 5 hours to cook :shock: :shock: Is this true?????

Do any of you lovely ladies have any recipes you can share with me, promise Ill post a pic :dance:

If you bought a pudding dish you should definitely make steamed sponge puddings they are delicious.

I have a brilliant Jamie Oliver recipe, PM me if you want it.

They are dead easy to make takes about 15 mins to put all the ingredients together in the bowl then you just steam it in a pan for 2 hours, easy while you get on with other stuff.

We are having our first Christmas at home this year just me, Maia & hubby and he doesn't like Christmas pud so I said I would make a choc sponge pudding. Im going to try and out a few pieces of chocolate orange in the middle of the dough mixture and see if it turns out like those M&S choc puddings. Not sure what will happen but I'll do a trial run before hand.

That sounds Fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YUM please can I have the recipe ;)

maria1976 said:
That sounds Fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YUM please can I have the recipe ;)

steamed pudding
jamie oliver
naked chef

225g self raising flour
pinch of salt
85g caster sugar
115g shredded suet or butter
1 large egg
8 tablespoons milk

Grease a 1 litre pudding basin.
Spoon in your chosen flavour (chocolate orange and nut pudding, jam pudding, ginger pudding, syrup pudding, chocolate steamed pudding).
Mix together (in a mixer or by hand) the flour salt sugar and suet or softened butter.
Then add the egg and milk and mix well. Put into the pudding basin covered with greaseproof paper or a cloth tied with string or tin foil and stand the basin in a pan with water halfway up the sides of the basin.
Cover with a tight fitting lid.
Bring to the boil then simmer for about 2 hours topping up with boiling water if necessary.
Don`t let it boil dry and make sure it does not go off the boil.

Enjoy!

Thanks my darling gonna try that tommorow, u know the toppings that you put in first, just throw some jam in??? and the chocolate what would i do?

thanks ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back