• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting to worry

Mrs CW

Reaction score
Dylan has his first cold which started on Sunday. He sounded really chesty on Monday so we decided to take him to the drs who just said to give him calpol and ibuprofen as directed. I did this mon evening and tues and he seemed better and fed well. He seemed better on wed although woke up with a rattly chest which clear once he'd coughed. Yesterday he started to get worse again and this morning he hasn't stopped coughing. His chest is continuously rattling because he can't clear the mucous properly and this is causing him to wheeze when breathing. I've given him some more calpol as he wouldn't feed and seemed so unsettled. The box says not to use for longer than 3 days without consulting the dr, but I don't want the dr to think I'm a neurotic mother taking my LO up for a cold. I don't know what else to do to help clear his chest! Is it normal for a cold to last this long? Did your LOs chest get like this too? X x x

Have u tried putting him in the bathroom and running a hot shower to try and clear him up?

I tried that yesterday which helped a bit will try it again when he wakes up and see if it helps x

I would go back hun my first childs asthma first started after having a nasty cold which turned to a chest infection around 5 months. xxxxx

I would go back to the Dr. That's what they are here for and you have done what it says on the packet.
My Dr's have a call in time. See if you can have a quick chat with your doctor.

Take him to the docs hun, you can't be too careful with a LO. Doc will understand x

I think I will he just can't seem to clear it. Thanks x

Yeah I'd say ring and ask to speak to doc over the phone, that's what I usually do. Or ring NHS direct first?? Xxx

I would go to the doctors just to be safe. My niece had a really bad cold and cough that developed and she had to be monitored in hospital for a few days. I would check Hereford it gets to that stage. Better safe than sorry. Good luck xx

Jack has a cold at the moment and it's horrible to hear him coughing and weezing. We've used the saline nasal drops to clear his nose and also found that bathing him in a steamy bathroom helped but in your case i'd say take him back to the doctors. Rather they think you're a neurotic mother than have it turn into something serious x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back