Starting Accupuncture

xXxBonnyxXx

Reaction score
My cycles have been all over the place lately, I used to be dead on 31 days and now they are all mixed up and I don't know whether I'm coming or going!

My dates are:
28th Feb - 33 days
2nd April - 27 days
29th April - 31 days
30th May - 29 days

I just seem to think that my cycles have got shorter and then the following month get excited because I'm late - only to get AF a couple of days after.
Then she will completely take me by suprise by coming early.

Hopefully the accupuncture will help my cycles get to a steady number of days and what I'm hoping for more that though is that it can help me to get my BFP

Ooh, I want acupuncture! How much is it?

Yay! I really hope it is a success for you!

Where are you based clem? I have been having acumpuncture in Orpington, Kent and it cost £60.00 for the initial consultation and treatment and £40.00 for each treatment after that. The lady I see does treatments at the Kite Clinic in London where it costs a great deal more.

Bristol. Blimey that's expensive!

Bristol. Blimey that's expensive!

Yeah but totally worth it for me.

I just did a google search for the type of acupunture I have been having and found this place in Bristol - cheaper than mine you will be pleased to know.

Thanks Mrs B! That's v sweet of you :)

I am seriously going to consider this. I tend to go for a massage once a month, or a facial, maybe I should do this instead.

Do let us know how your first session goes Bonny

I will report back after being a pincushion!!!

I'm looking forward to it now and wish it was tonight and not Friday!

I also was having a facial every couple of weeks but figured I'd do this instead of one of the facials!!!

Thanks Mrs B! That's v sweet of you :)

I am seriously going to consider this. I tend to go for a massage once a month, or a facial, maybe I should do this instead.

Do let us know how your first session goes Bonny

Not a problem. I just have to recommend it.

I got my bfp after 2 sessions and will be 8 weeks tomorrow. Obviously I cannot say for certain it was the acupunture that made me get my bfp or that it will definitely guarantee everyone a bfp.

But what I can say is it really helped me in general too, I had tons more energy and was so much relaxed about TTC and the cycle before acupuncture and my bfp was 69 days and I ov on CD55 and after the acupuncture and when I got my bfp I ov on CD 20/21, so a lot sooner!

I am very excited for you Bonny! Btw, the needles really dont hurt, they are tiny!

Wow!! This accupuncture seems like it's a good idea :)

My aunt has it because of stress and finds it really works x

WEll tonights the night and I'm a little nervous about what to expect!
I'm always the same with new things and would like to have someone else there to hold my hand, Hubby won't come with me so I'm going on my own!!

Good luck Bonny I have to admit your a lot braver then me as all them needles you wouldnt ctahc me anywhere near the building!! I really hope this works for you, please let us know how you get on and what it was like x

Good luck! Let me know how you get on.

Think of me at 8:15pm!!

I'll give you all the details when I get back!

can't believe I'm nervous about it though!!
Is it weird that I want him to find an energy blockage or something so that I can say thats the reason that I'm not PG yet?! And it will give me alot more hope for this cycle!!!

No its not weird at all hun I would be thinking the exact same thing x x

So I had my first session last night
Spent nearly an hour going through my cycles and what my periods are like, medical history etc
then had 5 needles - one in each wrist, two on my tummy and one on my foot
also had a heat lamp over my tummy
Treatment lasted half an hour
he is trying to warm up my womb so that it will function better as he says it is below temperature which is causing my periods to be irregular
He has suggested treatment every 2 weeks - next time I'm due in to see him is when I'm due to ovulate so he said that he will be able to do a treatment specifically for that
The needles didn't hurt at all though!!!
he also gave me a couple of things that I've got to do at home - firstly I'm not to have any ice cold drinks or food, and I have to put a hot water bottle on my tummy for 10 mins 3 times a week to try and raise my temperature a little bit

He told me that he has had a high success rate in the past in this area so I'm feeling good about TTC this month now

I came out of there feeling relaxed and calm
I had the best nights sleep ever last night - even with the thought of having to go into work early to finalise the accounts before I go on holiday!!!

Fingers crossed this treatment helps me - He thinks that I should notice a difference in CM also which is a good thing as I never get too much EWCM
I should notice a difference with my next period and my cycles should regulate to around 28 days which would be great!

All in all it was a good session!

and Mrs B - No needles in the places that you had them! He said that I wasn't needing that sort of treatment just yet!

hi bonny just caught up with your thread and i have heard that this sort of treatment has been very successful we have a acupunture clinic in our area and i spoke to them and they said that they have treated quite a few ladies and quite a few had indeed conceived way to go bonny i will be looking for that announcement!!!!

I am so glad it went well. The heat treatment and no ice cold drinks etc is quite similar to suggestions in the book "the baby making bible" Did he tell you to eat warming foods and try drinking ginger tea?

Acupuncture really does help to make you feel calm and relieve you of any things that weigh you down.

I had another treatment on Saturday and my energy was sluggish so I had needles in my back, elbow & hand. The lady was saying how she has lots of ladies have fallen pg around the same time as me, there has been a boom, lol.

Thank goodness you didnt have an energy blockage and need the treatment I did first time round.

Fingers crossed for you hun.

goog luck with the accupuncture. I know these treatments work well, two of my friends did them (and they are in my opinion old to try for a bab, they are 37) and fell pregnant within 3 months.

My mum is a accupressure (shiatsu) therapist and she also helped women get pregnant with a similar treatment (except not using the needles) and also these women fell pregnant within 4 months. Ofcourse it is not for everyone but I just wanted to say great that you are trying it this way!

I hope this works out well for you :D I am keeping my fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back