Started weaning

AnnaR2B

Reaction score
Ted is rather a large boy and at 19lbs he is always hungry, except on the rare occasions he has really bad teeth pain, so i gave him a little baby rice yesterday. Don't really want to give him any more than this for a few weeks as i still feel its a little early for anything else.
I like the way it is made with his milk, but do i replace his feed with the tiny bowl i give him? :think:
Yesterday he had 7oz milk for breakfast, 7oz milk and tiny bowl of rice (about 8 teaspoons worth) for lunch, same for tea then a bedtime bottle...is this too much/too little?
I'm confused? he slept really well and didn't wake hungry for the first time in weeks so i'm figuring it can't be too bad??? :dance:
Any advice gratefully recieved :hug:

AnnaR2B said:
Ted is rather a large boy and at 19lbs he is always hungry, except on the rare occasions he has really bad teeth pain, so i gave him a little baby rice yesterday. Don't really want to give him any more than this for a few weeks as i still feel its a little early for anything else.
I like the way it is made with his milk, but do i replace his feed with the tiny bowl i give him? :think:
Yesterday he had 7oz milk for breakfast, 7oz milk and tiny bowl of rice (about 8 teaspoons worth) for lunch, same for tea then a bedtime bottle...is this too much/too little?
I'm confused? he slept really well and didn't wake hungry for the first time in weeks so i'm figuring it can't be too bad??? :dance:
Any advice gratefully recieved :hug:

Hi Anna, hes still a lickle person despite his size and I wouldnt replace the milk feed with rice. I have found t the start of weaning its a case of fit the weaning around the milk and then gradually replace the milk as weaning is more established and new tastes etc are introduced. Its not easy by far, but good luck with it, im sure he will take to it no problem!

still try and give him his bottles as mrs tommo said and add the rice meal to the bottles.. as you increase his food he will start dropping bottles. sounds like hes doing fine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back