Stage 2 milk

lulu

Reaction score
Hi, Jack will be on stage 2 milk next time I need to buy some as he is 6 months on Saturday! :shock: :shock:

Do you have to carry on using the same milk or can you change it?

He has been on Cow & Gate's 'omneo comfort' but its quite expensive and I'd like to try him on 'Hipp organic'.

Any help, advice, experience or ideas?

Thanks

Hiya
You don't have to change the milk at all if you don't want to, lots of people never go on to stage 2. If you want to try Hipp organic you could give him one bottle of it in the morning and see how he likes it, and make sure it agrees with him etc, then slowley change over.

I have a big bag here of hipp organic follow on milk that my friend gave me that I don't need if anyone uses it.

if he is quiet happy on his normal milk keep him on that or if you think he will be alright changing it change it, and see how he goes on it.

I thought the difference between stage 1 and stage 2 was that stage 2 contained iron, which babies need at 6 months because the supply they were born with had been used up???

we were told its just a gimmick at the weaning workshop and that if you are feeding the baby a balanced diet there is no need to swop milk

Kim said:
I thought the difference between stage 1 and stage 2 was that stage 2 contained iron, which babies need at 6 months because the supply they were born with had been used up???

You're right, I think it's the milk names we are mixing up.
For example, I looked on the cow and gate website and they call it "follow on milk" for 6 months and over, their 2nd stage milk is the one for hungry babies.

Every Cow & Gate baby milk contains all the goodness your little one needs from their milk, for healthy growth and development. Specially formulated to be the next best thing to breastmilk, they provide the right amount of vitamins and minerals from day one.

First baby milk is based on the main protein which is naturally found in breastmilk; this protein is called whey. This makes it the closest you can get to mum's own supply. Many baby milks now contain LCPs and GLA, naturally occurring fats which help with the development of your baby.

Second milk is based on casein, a protein that takes longer to digest, and is just right for hungrier babies. Some babies go through a growth spurt at around 12 weeks and need a more satisfying baby milk to keep them fuller for longer. Second milk is great for bridging the gap until they are ready to start weaning.

At six months, your baby's natural store of iron begins to run low and needs replacing. That's where follow-on milk comes in! This baby milk is formulated especially for babies from 6 months to 2 years old. It contains the right balance of iron, vitamins and minerals to help ensure healthy growth and development.

With SMA the hungry milk is also number 2 and the iron milk is number 3!

Why do they have to confuse us like this ? :?

Kim said:

Your baby does not need the follow on milk as they will get the extra from their solids if given a balanced diet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back