Soo angry at his dad!

BEX101

Reaction score
I feel really upset for my hubby, he's doing a sponsored swim and i emailed his dad the details and got this response -

Hi Rick,

I am already sponsoring you through your open university course.

With £630 due in June, £360 in November and with my pension frozen for another year I am concentrating on repaying my debts (car loan and window loan) and so there is no way I can come up with any more money for anything in the forseeable future.

As regards the terminally ill my charity of choice is Francis House Childrens Hospice.

Good luck with your swim.

Cheers Dad.

Is it me or does that sound heartless? I know not everyone wants to or can give to charity but surely your DAD can? Whats he going to do when our kids are older and doing sponsored stuff at school? Is he going to tell them "No - its not his charity of choice"? He's not a "poor" pensioner either, he's an ex police inspector with a whopper pension!

:wall2: urgggghhhhh! ....... OK - rant over!

I suppose no-one knows anyones bills hun :)

I wouldn't take it personally, times are tough for eveyone at the moment. We helped organise and perform a static sponsered bike ride in our local mall and it got cancelled after the first day becuase people were complaining about the noise!!!! People are finding it tough and charity gets hit first, in our case we were affected by people's bad mood. It's gutting when you've taken the time to do something good but people won't support you, but it's pretty standard at the moment in my opinion.

Fair enough if he doesn't have the money, but surely a nice 'I'm sorry but I can't afford it right now' would have been nicer than that...sounds like it's written to make him feel guilty for even asking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back