Someone beat me to it

yummy-mummy

Reaction score
:(

Just been on facebook and a girl I went to school with has just announced her pregnancy and she's due in July as well. It took all the willpower I have (and there isn't much left with being off the cigs) to not reply "me too". I'm sure she wouldn't have appreciated that but I'm dying to tell people!

So when is it officially "safe" to tell people? 12 week scan, when you're in 2nd Tri (13 weeks) or ?????

:hug:

Hun wait till after your have had a scan and then shout from the roof tops along with displaying the wonderful picture of your bubba :hug:
Of course if you want to do it earlier, you can! its upto you!

I did it last week, I have had scans already etc so felt ready, another girl did at the same time as me, it didn't bother either of us :hug:

I have the scan from 6 +2 but a lot can happen in that time so I'm wary of jumping the gun.

Yes I understand that, and I suppose if she hadn't announced you wouldnt have been as botherd about waiting? :hug:

Honest hun once your next scan is done (and i know how much you want to share your news! who wouldnt?!) you will feel better about posting it :hug:

I'm struggling so so much not telling anyone too.
My mum knows, but is pretending to not know until we've got through the first tri. but she knows incase i need her.
xx

Loads of people know about our baby now - but only close people. Won't put it on Facebook til after the next scan.

Look at it this way - she obviously has felt the need to tell everyone she has ever met as soon as possible. You get to keep your special little secret til you're really ready :wink: :hug:

This was straight after a m/c and this time we told my parents and siblings at 5w in the knowledge that if it went wrong, I'd need their support - and we wanted to share the good news first, last time it was awful having to tell them the night before a D&C. We told DH's parents at 8w, after the 2nd early scan, and told DH's brother and sister at 10w, since it hadn't gone wrong yet... I'm now past 12w and we heard the hb on the doppler last week and again last night, but I'm still going to wait till the scan next week before announcing it generally. A few friends know because we were on a weekend away with them when I had a threatened m/c and had to go to A&E.

Having said that, one of those friends is due the same day as me and having had a scan at 7w, felt confident enough to tell everyone this week, at 12w, even though her scan isn't till the day after mine next week. I guess that's the difference between having a living child and an uncomplicated pregnancy, and having had a missed m/c and a threatened one!

:hug: Oh Kitty you heard it again last night, so happy for you :hug:

Yes when I got pg with the one I mc I sort of said when I found out (didnt put im pg) but on fb there are mainly close friends and family.

I am glad the people who knew did, as I had a lot of support.

But I waited this time until scans and hearing the heartbeat and just have the 'feeling' all is well, which is why I couldnt wait to tell the rest of family and friends :)

Well I asked the girl how far on she is and she's 14 weeks so right at the start of July unlike me who is at the end. I'm 11 weeks today but after being on these forums the last couple of months I know there are no certainties even this far gone so I'm keeping quiet. There are so few people I went to school with who are even married at 30 let alone have kids so to have someone announce so close to me was a shock! Most people (including me up to a year ago) are hard core business women and there are so few I could imagine having kids any time soon. I'm even more eager to tell people but I know it's not right.

Loads of people know about me too...news travels fast where i live lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back