Some encouraging words

melissa5317

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I just suffered my first miscarriage this week and have been struggling to get to grips with what has happened, naturally.

I know this won't be for everyone, but I have spoken to my minister about the problem, and I just wanted to share his words with you as they have been a huge comfort to me in this difficult time. I'm not trying to convert anyone, but just give help where help can be given.

"God has something he wants you to know. Your little baby was not able to be born, but that little baby is know by God and loved by God. In Psalm 139 God talks about how he knit us together in the womb and how he knew us even before we were born. All the days ordained for us, even if they are very short, are written in the book of life. I know that there really aren't many passages that talk about miscarriages, but this Psalm tells us how God loves us and is involved with us even before we are born. Even though you and [your husband] were not able to know the blessing that God was going to give you, God does and he cares about that baby.

The Psalm also talks about how God knows us. He knows the hurt and the pain that you are feeling right now. Don't be afraid to talk to him about it and to tell him that you might be angry or upset or feel cheated, or whatever else is weighing on your heart. Great men of faith talked to God about all of their emotions, even their anger at God and their frustration that things didn't always make sense. They would then trust in God's goodness and his wisdom and rejoice that he brings salvation to sinners."

Yes, it made me cry, but I really feel that it's important to give comfort where it can be given, and I know how much I've needed to hear comforting words at this time.

I hope I haven't offended anyone by posting this - I just hope that some other sufferers might be able to find the encouragement that I found.

Lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: ,

Melissa

Hi there

Really sorry to hear your news - it is hard to come to terms with - if youever want to talk just get in touch. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been there myself and know how difficult it is to come to terms with it, especially so early on.

By the way, I looked up that Psalm and I thought it sounded familiar. I then googled "Oh God You Search Me And You Know Me" by Bernadette Farrell and found it! We sing that from time to time in my church and it brings tears to my eyes whenever I read/sing the words about having known me within my mother's womb. I discovered other women who choke up at that part too (I don't know if it's for the same reasons as I get emotional, though).

Thank you for your encouraging words :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back