Snot

Misslarue

Reaction score
I've just spent the weekend with my friend and his wife who is African. They have a 10 month old son who has a really bad cold and as he can't blow he's nose himself......................she sucked the snot out of his nose! Apparently this is normal practice in Africa. Does anyone else do this or do you think it's eeerrgghhh! I'm undecided and intrigued!!

you mean with a tube right? not right from his nose?

snot makes me heave (i mean, just looking at it) :puke: :puke:

no..............mouth to nose, straight from the nose. I really don't know what to make of it. Obvioulsy being form the west I am horrified :shock: :shock:
But she made it seem so normal! :rotfl: And she's such a good mum............I don't know what to make of it!! :rotfl: :rotfl: It's so gross but she made it seem so natural!! :lol: She made me feel bad that I don't do it! :rotfl:

Misslarue said:
no..............mouth to nose, straight from the nose. I really don't know what to make of it. Obvioulsy being form the west I am horrified :shock: :shock:
But she made it seem so normal! :rotfl: And she's such a good mum............I don't know what to make of it!! :rotfl: :rotfl: It's so gross but she made it seem so natural!! :lol: She made me feel bad that I don't do it! :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It seems like it would be quite a good way of getting snot out, so more power to her tbh. If it works, and relieves the baby, awesome.

I just don't think I would ever want to do it.

I'm not questioning it's effectiveness, it worked a treat.
It's just does anyone else find it okkieee?!

Snot is the one thing that freaks me out! It makes me heave :puke: Theres no way i could do that!

Just spoke to my brother who is the perfect uncle. Changes nappies, bathes him, feeds him, everything! He says he would do it no probs. Dan's got a really blocked nose, probably caught it of my friends son :wink: He says I should do it! :lol: :think: :shock: :think: :lol:
I'm feeling bad that I don't want to do it :think:

makes me heave too i couldnt do it
good on her tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.