• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

smp if cut down to part time after 25w pregnant??

fothers

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone knows the answer but you 90% SMP is calculated on the pay you take home on the 15th week before EDD (25w pregnant) is that right?

Therefore- if you then cut down to part time hours -say at 30w pregnant- do you still get 90% pay of your full time hours when you start your maternity leave?

Just asking as I am main bread winner and will need to work as close to edd as possible and my company is crap and only gives the very basic government pay.

thanks x

Don't quote me on this but one of the girls i work with had her baby in November and cut down her hours when she was about 20 weeks pregnant - she then only got SMP for her part time hours. I think unless there is a medical reason why you have to reduce your hours you only get SMP for part time.

Maternity leave has changed a lot since April 2007 (ie increas in amount of time you are allowed to take) so i would check this out with your payrole department or even get your boss to ask if they know you are pregnant?

How is my SMP worked out?
Your employer will look at your gross earnings paid to you in a set period. This is usually the eight week period up to and including the 15th week before your expected week of childbirth. The period your employer uses may vary depending on how often you are paid – weekly, monthly or other intervals.

As a result of a judgement by the European Court of Justice, if your employer awards a pay rise which is effective at any time from the start of the set period used to work out your SMP and the end of your maternity leave your employer must work out your SMP again and pay you any balance due to you. For more information about this judgement and its impact on your SMP see some questions and answers about the ECJ Judgment.

I found this on the DWP website regarding SMP payments

I spoke to a colleague who went part time after children and she says that if you cut down your hours after they decide your smp based on the 15w before due date it doesn't affect the amount of money you get!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back