• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smelly wee

Emma58

Reaction score
Lately I have noticed Sam's wee smells really strong. I hadn't thought a lot about it until my Mum mentioned yesterday she could smell it really strong.

Is there a reason why is urine smells so strong? Or do some babies just have strong urine?

ETA even when he has a clean nappy on that isn't even very damp you can smell it.

It can be a sign of dehydration but as if he is having lots of wet nappys and his soft spot on his head isnt sunken then he is not that dehydrated, is his urine darker in colour than usual? because it gets more concentrated if not getting enough water..maybe just try and up fluids a bit?

Other than above, you haven't changed the brand of nappy you're using recently have you? I found with some brands of nappy the smell is pretty strong even if it's almost clean.

daftscotslass said:
Other than above, you haven't changed the brand of nappy you're using recently have you? I found with some brands of nappy the smell is pretty strong even if it's almost clean.

:think: Yeah we have been using Pampers instead of Huggies. I wonder if it is that?

He isn't dehydrated and his wee isn't any darker than usual maybe it is the nappies.

Thank you both x

Ive heard its a sign of teethin, caitlyn gets smelly nappies

Evie had this a few days before she cut her teeth, could be that

Emma58 said:
daftscotslass said:

:think: Yeah we have been using Pampers instead of Huggies. I wonder if it is that?

He isn't dehydrated and his wee isn't any darker than usual maybe it is the nappies.

Thank you both x

Yep when i use pampers on Calleigh i find that she stinks. Even if she has only a slightly damp nappy. I hate it as i find the smell sticks to her clothes :?

I never buy them anymore but MIL keeps bringing a pack round when she visits so i try to just use them at night.

I use tescos nappies usually.

I think it may have something to do with teething too as Dafydd's smell awful at the mo!

Lil miss seems to have more smelly wee when she is cutting a tooth... Then it goes back to normal. She had really badly smelling wee when she had her urine infection though...smelt almost like poop. :puke:

Angel has smelly wee and has done for a while now. Sometimes i think she's pood, but she hasn't. We have no teeth either. Just started using Huggies nappies instead of Asda.

He is teething really bad :think: wonder if it is that too?

I have changed his nappies from Pampers to Asda's own and he certainly doesn't smell as bad today.

Debbie - It does have smell of Chicken Noodle soup :D

We did use the nature babycare nappies and you could always smell colliers wees more we use sainbsburys own now (cost effective) and we cant smell it anymore
we cant smell it in his reusables either

Collier had a very very smelly poo the other day ive found out with his teething it can effect the smell of his stools and wee
so yeah it could be connected

Caelan is teething really bad at the moment and he has very smelly wee! Like someone else said I sometimes mistake it for poop too!

Emma58 said:

I have changed his nappies from Pampers to Asda's own and he certainly doesn't smell as bad today.

Luke's always smells like that LOL

Emma58 said:

LOL when we use pampers she smells of Beef and Onion crisps. Hence not bought them in AGES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back