Smells

Layla

Reaction score
Hi girls

Has anyone elses sense of smell got better since pregnant?

I seem to be able to smell things that others cant, its a bit worrying really coz no one else can smell it so it makes me think im going mad.

Like now, ever since last night i can smell scorching in one room of the house, to me its very strong and i dont like it in case somethng is going to catch fire (we have a dodgy plug socket in that room)
but my OH cant smell anything so im not sure whether its just me or wether the smell is really there.

anyone else had anything like this??

I am exactly the same - I have always had a good sense of smell but at the moment everything is 100 times stronger!!

Get someone to check your plug sockets!!

Lots of love

my sense of smell is 100% stronger than before, it drives me mad sometimes as I can smell everything, and no-one else can. I think it is a protective measure for baby, so if you smell something bad you can get away from it. it is annoying though!!

SarahB said:
my sense of smell is 100% stronger than before, it drives me mad sometimes as I can smell everything, and no-one else can. I think it is a protective measure for baby, so if you smell something bad you can get away from it. it is annoying though!!

Ditto.

It annoys DH as I am always going on about how much things stink and he can hardly smell it/can't smell it at all.

I am known for having a good sense of smell anyway and at the moment mine is superhuman, i cant wear purfume cos it stinks so much, the bins smells and OH looks at me and says 'no it doesnt', it has got to the point where he just agrees and moves the offending object. The main problem i have had is the fridge and freezer, the overwealming smell of all types of food togther makes me feel yuk, i have to hold my breath!!!!

:D Isnt this Pregnancy journey the funniest!

Hey Layla, one of my rooms smells like scorching too but I'm sure it's just me, I don't know. I agree with everyone else here too, everything seems to smell. If my OH goes outside for a cig, I can still smell it in the house!!

I can totally smell things more too!
DH got a kebab the other day and the smell of garlic was so over powering when i walked in the front door i hate to run to the loo to be sick!! yuck

Me too!

D/H poured himself a glass of saki (chinese rice wine) in our utlity room which is at the back of the house and I could smell it from the upstairs front bedroom :shock: - honnestly I came downstairs and said "that stinks" and he couldnt beleive I could smell it!

L x

Definitely so. But I stopped smoking in January as well - I think my sense of smell would have improved anyway - but it's been really noticeable for being pregnant!

LBxx

well i wasnt imagining it, my pc blew up lol

well not quite, we have 1 plug socket in this room so we have 2 extention leads pluged in to each other then pluged in to the wall socket, one of the extentions over heated, thats what the smell was, it eventaly tripped the elecy in the house to stop it catching fire i guess,

so i have spent all afternoon rearanging the room so that we only need 1 extention, the scorching smell has gone now so hopefuly all is sorted lol

My god I hope nothing like that happens to me, I was hoping we were imagining it!!

Kim get your plug sockets checked out!!! - and that goes for any of you with burning smells in the house!!!!! :shock:

L x

The smell has gone, I think I am going mad :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back