Sling

lea m

Reaction score
Now I know that theres loads of posts on here aboutthem but I cant find them?! :think: Maybe im just too tired lol but have decided to make a new post!

I was looking at the slings and wanted to know, lol, the ring ones, how do you make them secure?! Might sound like a silly question but I havent seen one in real life and them ring things on other items dont always hold secure?! :think: Are they different on them slings?

Do the wrap ones come with foolproof instuctions lol!? I wouldnt want to do it wrong and injure my baby!

Also which do you personally find most comfortable? Theres so many different ones out there it gets a bit much and would like to see what the majority prefer! :D

Are there any makes I should avoid!? As in does anyone know of a certain make that brakes easy or has had bad reports etc?!

LOL When I got one with my first it was just the normal front carriers that were on sale! They didnt agree with me (gave me back ache) so never bought another since! Im glad now theres a lot of different choices and styles!

I had a normal carrier with DS (been talking about this in Nori's post on here) and it was OK but I whole heartly converted to wraps now I have one.

I have a close baby carrier I was worried about the holds too but once you have LO they are easy to master and I got a DVD to show how to also.

I prefer walking to school with the wrap than pram as its so light, by the time DS was 10lb my conventional carrier was getting HEAVY but Esme has grown alot faster (she is over 10lb now where as DS took a whole 4 months to get to that weight) and I would say with all honesty I hardly notice I have her on my front and definatley get no problems with shoulder straps as I did with the carrier. Also if i carrier her normally just in my arms I certainly know i have her and usually get the wrap out for a well earned rest!

I have a babyhawk, which is a sort of mei tai affair - it's totally awesome and we love it!

I have a mie tai that I love!

Also had a wrap but it was a stretchy one and won't hold Finlay now but looking at a woven one.

Wraps are easy - they usually come with instructions. Mei Tais are easy too :D

I have a kari me and baba sling (didn't use the latter as was already used to using kari me and it just felt softer).

Here are instructions for kari me - I have foundi it easy to use.
http://www.kari-me.com/position.php

I practiced with a doll first :oops: as I was too scared to do it with LO straight away.

What I love about kari me is that you can stretch the shoulder straps and this spreads the weight of the baby which is handy when they get heavier.

I am currently considering buying mai tai as I hear that in that it's easy to wear baby at the back (but I'll try kari me first when LO is a bit older).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back