Sleeping in parents beds

Keely

Reaction score
hi

I remember seeing a post about this when i was preggers can anyone help me find it!

Ellis has started waking at 4am so i put him into my bed and he goes back to sleep till 8.

xxxxx

keeley sleeps in the bed with me from about 6am til 8 am shes ok i'm not really in a deep sleep i wake up every 5 minutes lol....but she likes coming in my bed think she wants to keep me company now its only me and her :cry: :cry: :cry:

haha my lil sis it 8 and my mum will not let her in cos she fidges haha xxx

when my neice stays over night she has to share a bed and for such a little girl (8)she can take up a whole double bed lol

Ryan is an awful fidget too, drives me mad. It's not so bad if it's the mum though, a man wakes with a surprise and it could be a bit awkward. I have to stop giving in as I don't want it when Jade's here too. I'll need a huge bed! Illegal once they reach 10 as well if they're the opposite sex so I guess I have a while to go yet. :lol:

thanks girls i am just worried that letting him in my bed is making him wake cos he wakes to come into my bed??!!

I was thinking of moving his cot back into my room? But i dont wanna not beable to get him back out again??!!

what do u think?

xxxx

you could try tricking him .... i let keeley fall asleep in my bed but then put her in her cot so when she wakes up she in there he mite forget where he fell alseep lol or you could try sleeping in he's room with him?x

Gabriella has been waking more frequently in the night because her skin is irritating her (eczema). This makes me extremely tired but I persevere with her and don't let her come in my bed whilst it's dark. She normally comes in with me from about 7.30-8.00am for her morning feed and falls asleep for a couple of hours.

Basically I try not to have her in my bed while it's dark , I only allow her in once it's light. I am hoping that I am sending a message that night time is for sleeping and sleeping in her own bed. Not always easy when your knackered. Good Luck :D

I was a bit concerned about this as well as I put Otis in our bed every morning when he wakes up after 6am, no point in feeding him and putting him back in his cot as he is far to figdity. So I feed him in our bed and then we dooze of for a bit. However I think he is starting to take after his parents, after I put in our bed this morning at 07:20 he had a good feed and then slept till 09:50!!! :shock: Such bad habits, got to start getting him into an earlier routine!

Olivia wakes up about 6am for a feed, most times she goes straight back to sleep after her bottle, but if she doesn't i sometimes put her in bed with me but it doesn't really pay off because i dont sleep properly when she is in bed with us!

When she was about 3 month she went through a phase of not settleing after a feed in the night, so i put her in bed with me and once she was asleep again i put her back in her cot so she would wake up in there!

It's so easy to move them in your own bed when they wont settle and you so tired!

Brooke went through a phase of it when she was about 3 so i would put her in my bed with me, she got used to it and right up untill the early stages of my pregnancy she would come into my room in the night so i started to get in bed with her and she stopped just like that!

I do think you have to be careful with co sleeping once they get older!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back