Sleeeeeeeep assistance needed ...

maria1976

Reaction score
Hmmmmm not sure honey, I know its a bloody nightmare, Ruby only just last week is sleeping a lot better like 4 hours a time but only when im in the bed with her LOL!!!! Im hoping that it will be the same for you soon :pray: Ruby still wont take a dummy either!!.

I wonder why she is being so fussy at night :roll:

Forgot to add that Ruby has been sleeping a lot better since ive started weaning her!!! Maybe she is ready too :cheer: Before this she was waking every hour!!!!

midna said:
I been speaking about this ...mabey she is ready ..she gives all the signs ..its just me whos not lol :lol:

I know how you feel but we started weaning Finn a 4.5 months and I really wanted to wait till he was nearer to 6 months but I think he was ready. I'm still not ready to give him formula milk - I feel that after breastfeeding, formula milk will be bad for him 8)

Yeah i feel the same LOL, but as long as shes breasfeeding still I dont mind LOL.

Im cooking all her food as well so I know exactly whats in there, organic of course LOL

Mid try her with some baby rice for a few days first just once a day maybe??

M xxx

Yes I did LOL, what a bloody palaver that was, drip by drip was only for a few days though!

Then purees :) thats when the fun begins, Ruby likes all the veggies, but when it comes to fruit she makes a right song and dance about it heaving and all sorts, so now i mix her pear (the only fruit she will have) with porridge.

Hope this helps honey, im gonna put a pic up for you in a mo to give you a laugh 8)

Baby Rice first time :)

STA71394.jpg

Yum butternut squash

STA71405.jpg

awwww :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Your baby will never be clean again until they are about 12... YEARS that is :rotfl: :rotfl:

Going to state a couple of obvious things, only because of what happened with Isaac. He suddenly started needing winding a lot more as he got older, and also teething started around the same time, and teething pains are the ONLY thing that un-settle Isaac when he's in bed with me.

So thought I'd offer those, and as for weaning, it could be she is hungrier and its not a bad thing if she starts weaning now :hug: The 6month mark is debateable as its put forward by the health organization who advise women from 3rd world countries too, where water is dirty, so exclusive BF until 6months give their babies a better chance. Also you need to be aware of allergies and what to/not to give, and HV's can give advice there too :)

Your LO will be fine having solids at her age, as long as she's happy with it and she has no adverse reactions, although some initial changes may happen, but they would possibly if it were say a change in formula, if that makes sense? I personally hated weaning, I hated using a spoon with Isaac because it felt forceful, like I was controlling it and not him, but you do what you can to aid your LO's needs, even if you find them uncomfortable, ie no free time, no sleep etc etc :lol:

Isaac never ate baby rice either, he didn't like it, so you could look to offering an organic porridge or a puree'd organic vegetable/fruit, you're not giving her anything that can hurt her :hug: Sorry for wittering, only lots of Mummy's wean early and there really shouldn't be an issue with it, if LO is happy that's what matters, some babies need more than Mummy's boob or a bottle :hug: And there;s always BLW baby-led-weaning, she sounds interested enough in what's going on around her, she may feed herself so its taken out of your hands :D

Now for some links;

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/starti ... troducing/
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/starti ... edweaning/
http://www.hipp.co.uk/your_baby/weaning.htm#1
http://www.hipp.co.uk/your_baby/weaning.htm#2

EDIT: The solids never really worked with Isaac until he reached 6months, and he went onto finger foods and sort of started his own BLW, so I know LO's will tell you when they are ready :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back