Sigh

Cantstop

Reaction score
Just a bit of a moan thread really!

Feels like I'm moving in at the docs this week. My midwife sent me up the hospital on Friday because of low baby movement, even though I told her it's usual for me to not feel her very much. So had to hang around there all Friday afternoon, not overly worried as heartbeat was fine, but was there hours as they were so busy (urgh, and, this lass there with her mam and bf was a right smelly bitch, she sat next to me for a bit like it wasn't hot and unpleasant enough anyway, vommm). Got them bands on and heartbeat again was normal but they were still concerned about lack of movement so after seeing doctor and her speaking to consultant, they feel it's a good idea to have a scan to check all is ok. But with it being last thing Friday the booking woman was unable to give me a scan date as all booked up next week but I'm meant to be scanned asap so am waiting for a call tomorrow to tell me when they can squeeze me in. So I *wasn't* worried but was a bit after all that (although after that she seems to have been very active this weekend).

My glucose results came back really high so had fasting glucose test done a fortnight ago which put me at 11.0, gestational diabetes is 11.1 and above so I'm basically borderline, so am off for another one of these tests this week. The test itself is horrible cos of the drink you have to drink, I felt sick as fook after the last one so not looking forward to that. Also a bit freaked out as doctor said it can cause mammoth sized early babies, and I don't really fancy that!

I've just got my physio referral for SPD so am off to that on Friday - good news cos although I'm sure people get it far worse than me, when it's bad it's really crap!

Today I feel like I'm breathing underwater, my throat and tubes feel all gluey and it's really hard to catch my breath even though since early afternoon I've been sat on my arse.

And lastly (though I know lots of people can't sleep very well atm so you'll probably have no sympathy!), I just feel so damn tired at the moment - over the weekend when I have no work to get up for I can easily stay in bed 11-12 hours (apart from the loo trips) and only get up then cos it feels like my back's been kicked in.

I still feel really lucky to be in this position and happy that babykins is ok and excited to be meeting her soon - just a bit fed up at the moment and not looking forward to working all week feeling this tired and meh.

I'm hoping this is just a bit of a blip and I'll rock on to feeling blooming marvellous soon :lol: - anyone else had crap weeks then went on to good times?

Last edited:
:hugs:

Sorry you're having a crappy time! I have found myself alot more tired this last 2 weeks and just more achey and grumpy. Also some days baby is less active, I'm just thinking its because she's getting bigger and running out of space. She was going mad on friday night lol. And I finally caved and got a doppler so I know her heartbeat sounds fine!

I hope the test and the scan work out ok

Take care hun

x

This is the not so fun part of pregnancy, but it will all be forgotten & seem so worth while once bubs arrives. Keeps your chin up hun, not long to go now. If you want a giggle, go to the pregnancy chat part of forum & read about my disaster of a diabetes test this morning!!!
I have to go back Thursday now as my test got refused this morning!!!!

Sunnyb xxx

u had a scan date and time through cantstop? Hope all is well with u today. Its shit when u tired as everything seems much worse but its a hard job ur body is doing so we all allowed a moan now and again, My moaning has been constant last few weeks its like one thing after another lol x

Awww sounds like you've had a bad run of things hun! Am glad baby has been nice and active this weekend, that must have reassured you...hospital are just being extra cautious I'm sure. Sorry about the Gestational diabetes - have they said what will happen now you are borderline?? And glad you're getting physio for the SPD - I have some in a couple of weeks. Like you it's not as bad as some people suffer, but when it's bad it's bad!! As for the rest, sounds like you are run down....sleep as much as you can, it's amazing how exhausted you feel at this stage isn't it? xxx

I'll be getting a sneaky 32 week scan on Wednesday - totally unnecessary I now feel as baby has been more active over the past three days than the rest of the pregnancy put together. Excited to see her though, and hubster is off so he can come too.

I've got a second GTT on Thursday due to the borderline-ness, a fortnight on from previous one, to see if I've got any worse. All Dr said was to "continue eating a sensible diet, as you should be anyway" - hmm! Does 4 Caramel cake bars count as sensible? Probably not. Trying to eat more fruit though!

Think I am just a bit run down. Saw Dr today (they must sick of the sight of me lol, though tbf midwife MADE me go) about breathlessness but she well didn't understand the problem and ended up giving me Diazepam for relaxing my muscles when anxious, which isn't at all what is causing it, it's just baby squashing me. I'm just pleased my work are nice as my boss has said I can take tomorrow off if I still feel crappy and stupid Dr didn't give me any sick note or any suggestions I should take it easy, which in my non-medical opinion is what I needed rather than bloomin Diazepam!

glad u feeling better about things... OOOOO how exciting another wee scan :):):) x

glad u feeling better about things... OOOOO how exciting another wee scan :):):) x

I had 3 extra scans and did not get to see my little man once!! Consultant was more interested in my placenta and I was too shy to ask! xx

oh dear not sounding good, we all have weeks like this, i have had a bad week this week too, and tiredness really makes things worse. good to hear you getting an extra scan, about the breathlessness try going on all fours and taking a big breath I have to do that sometimes I look a bit strange but it seems to make that bit extra space to have a big breath

Yay, I know, I'm pretty excited now :). There's a girl at my work who was originally pregnant with triplets but lost two, and she's due the day before me, and she's been getting scans every couple of weeks to check her little one so am quite pleased with my extra one as a bit jealous of all hers!

I had 3 extra scans and did not get to see my little man once!! Consultant was more interested in my placenta and I was too shy to ask! xx

Ooh I'll have to man up if she doesn't show me stuff. I also want her to check the it's a girl status, as just heard someone at work had a boy when she was told it was a girl, eek!

oh dear not sounding good, we all have weeks like this, i have had a bad week this week too, and tiredness really makes things worse. good to hear you getting an extra scan, about the breathlessness try going on all fours and taking a big breath I have to do that sometimes I look a bit strange but it seems to make that bit extra space to have a big breath

I will try that, thanks!

You're sounding cheerier!

I'm shocked at your GP giving you diazepam! Rest up when you can chick!

x

Yeah I feel a bit cheerier, a bit easier to breathe now :). I was surprised at the diazepam too, I've never had it before and don't really need any help sleeping atm!

I'm deffo going to have a lazy tomorrow before getting back to work Weds so quite cheery about having a day to chill tomorrow too :).

Yeah I feel a bit cheerier, a bit easier to breathe now :). I was surprised at the diazepam too, I've never had it before and don't really need any help sleeping atm!

I'm deffo going to have a lazy tomorrow before getting back to work Weds so quite cheery about having a day to chill tomorrow too :).

Ok if you've never had it before if you're going to take I suggest only taking it before bed or when you're not leaving the house because it'll make you really drowsy. Even if its just the 2mg. X

Cheers for the heads up. I don't think I'm going to bother with it as I don't need it, but the doctor didn't mention any concerns about taking it and it even says on the box that it makes you drowsy and not to drive etc. I might hang onto it in case the sleep situation changes further on but at the mo I could sleep like a baby pretty much any time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back