• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

show me your

beanie

Reaction score
toy storage. i have a small house with only a living room and kitchen downstairs so toys have to be in living room. when the girls go to bed i want to hide them. i have no probs with toys everywhere in the day but night time i hate seeing them. so need some ideas.

I have this range from dunelm mill and I use the laundry box in the lounge and the underbed storage for under her cot :D

pinkdaisyrange.jpg

When she needs it, I will get the wardrobe.

we have this in the living room

toybox1.jpg

And then I have just ordered this for her bedroom, should arrive tomorrow :D

toybox.jpg

I just have these sort of baskets:

45cm_basket.jpg

one in the conservatory, one in the living room, about 3 in Lydia's room

plus one of these:

51HWWCTF4ZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

in Lydia's room full of teddies

all the books go into a wardrobe on a shelf in Lydia's room
plus there are 2 drawers full of toys in Lydia's room

I hate this sort of storage though because the kids TRASH the rooms all the time by just going in and emptying the baskets. It's a pain in the butt.

When we bought our new sofas last year we got a matching footstool with storage - the seat lifts up & most of his toys go in there. I also have some baskets on the TV cabinet with things like newspapers & wrapping paper in, one of those is Austin's for his small toys because it stops him raiding the ones he's not allowed.

Because we're in a bungalow most of his toys are kept in his bedroom, we have a bookshelf and this unit from Ikea except with 3 or 4 of the smaller trays at the bottom & some shelves above it.

DSC_0040.jpg

You can see the box storage thingy in the back ground behind lil miss....

IMG_0460.jpg

storage boxes under paris's bed. Harrison has a couple too stacked in his room, they are just from asda :rotfl:

:hug: :hug: :hug: mary70 :hug: :hug: :hug:
I totally sympathize, our room is the same, you can never have too much storage boxes etc must get some :lol:

cheers everyone:) Gave me some great ideas. The majority of Seren's toys are sorted intoplastic boxes and put in our downstairs cupboard as I like to let her play withone thing,then she puts it away and we get something else out. I wasfoindoing that when she had all her toys in front of her she was just chucking them about and not playing whereas this way she plays more with oe thing. But she has lots of little toys that she likes to have to easy reach and this is what is cluttering up the place.Plus now Cally has her toys. Some will be in their bedroom and I love underbed storage.

thinking about this http://www.next.co.uk/shot.asp?b=X42&p= ... lude=00I00
The two chests would be a toy box for each girl and it would blend in with the rest of the room.

Squiglet I would love what you have but it wouldn't be practical in my living room, just haven't the room.

I two rectangle wicker laundary baskets with lids on. I got them from instore for $15 each and they fit in well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back