Scan @ 9 wks

Hi Everyone,

I went for my first scan last night and there IS a baby in there (only one)! It was a private scan and the consultant was able to highlight the baby's blood flow and heart beat, as well as letting us hear the heart beat on the doppler. He said the CRL ('crown to rump length') measured the baby at exactly 9 weeks and that everything looked fine. Here's the pic:

http://usera.imagecave.com/WendyWandy/forumscanpic.jpg

This is the first time I've tried to upload a pic, so hope this works!

Wendy

Wow thats great news, and a great pic too.

Congratulations hunny :hug:

Yay! I'm so glad everything went ok :cheer: :hug: I was thinking of you last night too.
I bet you can sigh of relief now!

Great pic btw! xx

Thanks Tiggerstacy and you too, Bexter - hey, you'll soon be moving to 2nd tri! Wooohooooooo! :dance:

Aw wendy that's brilliant and what a fab pic congratulations. Don't you just breath a sigh of relieft when you see bubs for the first time it's just confirms its not all in your imagination. :D

I love the little bean piccies-Rubys first scan was 8 weeks 2 days and she looked like a tiny kidney bean...we nick named her bean after that....

The next scan @ 12 weeks was so amazing, little arms and legs and everything!!!!! We were blown away!!!

Enjoy every second its a wonderful thing being pregnant!!! :hug:

Congrats ona fab scan Wendy!! Your dates have changed a bit haven't they?! I hope mine do the same, I need longer!!

Hi Girls,

Thanks for the lovely comments.

Yes, Anna - I was right behind you before, but went from 9 & a half weeks back down to 9 weeks even - I was just 4 or 5 days out though. Those poundshop tests must be good! I did a few of them and the clearblue digital on what must have been 4 days before my period was due and they were all positive. I read somewhere that it's best to count 4 weeks from when you get a positive test...I tested positive on day 24 (not day 28), which is why I got my dates a bit mixed up.

Are you waiting for your first NHS scan at around 12 weeks? I couldn't wait. I don't even have my booking appointment until later this month, so it seemed too long to wait to confirm that everything's "real" - I'm much too impatient.

It was funny at the scan - the consultant found the baby straight away, but continued to roll the doppler around, saying, "I'll just check that there isn't another one in there" (as I then waited with baited breath!). It's silly, but I was kinda disappointed then that there was only one :D But God knows how I'd have managed with 2 babies :shock:

I still can't wait till I'm past 12 weeks and can relax a wee bit, but then, who am I kidding? I'll still worry about every slightest thing!

its such a relief isnt it seeing your baby for the first time :D

and believe me, you find more things to worry about :) it never ends :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back