saw consultant today...

BumbleTumble

Reaction score
it was....strange!

apparently there isn't as much amniotic fluid as they would like, so i have to be monitored on a CTG twice a week and i have an induction booked for 12th July, which is my due date.

i have had no problems in pregnancy at all until now, everything has been textbook perfect, and suddenly this happens!

she didnt give me a great deal of info, and i was in too much shock to ask questions! but going back on thursday to be monitored so will write up some questions to ask.

i promised myself i wouldn't Google low amniotic fluid, but i did and regret it now!!

i have a friend who is a student midwife in her last year, and she can't think of why they are inducing me, especially right on my due date, apparently they dont usually do that.
who knows!!

How odd. Try not to worry though at least you know you will definitely have your LO on the 12th s

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Bless you hun, as Em said the positive is that your little lady will be with you in 10 days!x

Stay away from google! And try not worry. How did they check your fluid levels??
At least you are getting regular monitoring and baby will be here soon! Xx

Like the others have said try not to worry too much. At least they are monitoring you closely. And you know exactly what day you get to meet your
Little one!

Hey...sorry to hear this...my friend was told the fluid around her baby was very low about 2 or 3 weeks before her due date. But they didnt really do anything about it.....and she went over her due date by a week or more. Try not to worry, though I know thats easier said than done. Keep us updated xx

I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe they have chosen to induce you to avoid causing you any undue stress or worry. At least you know that in ten days you will definately have a tiny baby in your arms!!!! x

Oh also another plus point hun is that LO is fully cooked!x

My SIL had low fluid with her first LO and it was leaking I think so was induced at 37 weeks. 2nd one who she actually gave birth to today had low fluid again but wasn't leaking this time & they let her go over a week! Very weird but at least you will be closely monitored & LO will come on due date or day after xx

thanks ladies :)

babyem, you are probably right, i think with everything else going on that they are worried about extra stress.

Lolly, Google is evil i tell you! ive been having scans every 4 weeks since my 20 week scan. im not entirely sure why, but think it may have been to stop me worrying so much and putting me under more stress, plus the consultant said she 'needed an excuse' to see me so regularly. odd.

i must say, it is a slight relief that i know exactly when i will be meeting my little princess! at least then if i go overdue i wont be panicking about being in labour every time i feel a twinge or need the loo at night! (which, admittedly i already am a little bit!)

congratulations to your SIL too :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back