Saturday Night

Butterflykisses

Reaction score
So my friend has organised a girlie night on Saturday night - dinner and drinks. My friend is pregnant and due in April, which I'm absolutely fine with. My big problem with Saturday night is that her sister is pregnant and due 3 days before I would have been. I'm happy for her but I just can't handle it for myself. I had to go as far as hiding all her facebook status from my home page as every status seemed to be about her pregnancy symptoms and if they were about something else the posts always ended up at her pregnancy. I know my friend is sympathetic enough to me to keep conversation away from pregnancy but her sister and other friends won't be. I don't know if I can handle a night out with a crowd of girls, most of whom I don't know and pregnancy conversation. What do I do?

:hugs:

It could be a good step for you to make you stronger?

x

Yeh pet it may be tough but it could actually help a little? I would avoid drinking too much just in case it makes you over-emotional.
You could always have an "escape plan" if it gets too much xxxx

erm... i dont know i think its a toughie... because its not just pregnancy for you, its prob worse that everything shes going thru is what u shud be going thru? is that the prob? or am i way off the mark?? TBH if ur not comfortable about it and u think ull only torture urself/have a rubbish night dont go! therell always be other nights! xxx

I found this very hard at first hun as i have loads of friends pregnant at the same time but i just did it and felt much better once i had been out with them all and done it, just smiled politely and pretended to be interested in the baby talk for a bit then changed the subject a few times :)

I think the thought of it is actually worse than doing it :)

it's easy to get so worked up about it in your head that maybe the actual event wont be as bad as you fear xxxx

I haven't got much to add apart from what the girls have said really

Big hugs on there way though :hugs:

xxxx

Thanks everyone. I don't think it's the fact that she's pregnant cos as I say I'm perfectly fine with my friend who's due in April and my sister is actually due next Thursday. :) Its def the fact that everything she's going through is exactly stages I should have been at and it hurts so much. Will go unless I'm needed to work. I have a friend going who I know will stick close by me the whole night. Have said I'll drive cos know alcohol will play with my emotions too much. I'm not a big drinker anyway so can easily manage a meal out without it. And between now and then will come up with my "early escape plan" :fib::fib:

Decision made - cancelled last night. The more I thought about being out with all the girls and knowing the conversation was going to keep going back to pregnancy all night, the more I stressed about going. Became emotional in work last night, hid in office and text DH about how I was feeling. He said that if I was feeling that way that I should just cancel cos I wouldn't be comfortable all night. I text my friend and just told her the truth. She said she fulling understood and I that I had to do what was best for me.

Hate feeling this way but I know time will heal.

I am going out next Saturday night with the girls from work on what should have been our "Christmas" night out. This got cancelled due to the snow being horrendous at the time and then got cancelled again when I was off work after MMC. I'm looking forward to this night out and know I won't feel the need to cancel :)

:hugs:

Totally understand how you feel hun, it's all a bit raw for you at the moment.

Stay home put your feet up and relax!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back