• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rubbish, Rubbish Job Centre Grrrrrrr!

Toots

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone else has such trouble with the job centre?

I'm so cross with them I could just scream. I finished a temporary job 10 weeks ago and had to move back to my home town to be with my family because of health complications with my pregnancy. I hoped because it was quite early in the pregnancy at the time I would pick up a job soon but it didn't happen and 8 weeks ago I applied for job seekers allowance just as a plan B type thing. Well its been 8 weeks and they still haven't processed my claim.

Its murder trying to get through to them on the phone because when they do answer most times they can't even put me in the queue because there are too many people already in it. Its not as even if I want the whole hog of council tax benefits or housing either because im being put up by a family member. But im so desperate because at the end of the month I have a million bills to pay and I just feel sick with worry over it all.

They said my claim is now at the top of the pile and I have to wait for the decision maker to make a decision. I have been to loads of job interviews but I have been told face to face at some of them that they will not take me on because I will want to take some time off after the Birth! I can understand this but what happened to equal opportunities.

I'm just now worried that when I apply for maternity allowance I'm going to have to go through the whole thing again. :evil: Sorry for the moan but I was getting well cross and feel better again. Now I think I will have a cup of tea and bacon sandwich. Yum.

i know what you mean hunny about the job centre!! i was 20 weeks pregnant when i got the sack because i was pregnnat and i wasnt entitle to 1 penny because my OH worked more than 24 hours a week. I applied for maternity allowance on the july and it still hadnt been put through so on the january i phoned them andrefused to hang up untill i had someone looking into it, 2 weeks later still nothing so i went down and refused to leave the jobcentre till i knew if i was getting it or not :lol: 2 and a half hours later i did get awarded it but thats when the fun started they said it would be paid into my bank account which it never ever did so after 3 weeks i got a giro thing sent out for £800 but it was supposed to be cashed at the post office where i live wich im barred out of because its an asian guy who owens it and because i worked for him in the shop and left because he was annoying me i and my OH were barred from the only shop and post office in the village :rotfl:

anyways after a further 8 weeks of having to pay it into the bank and waiting 5 days for it to clear they finally gpot it payed to a different post office wich only lasted for another 5 weeks then it all stopped, now im back to where i started not entitle to a penny except £85 a month tax credits and £116 something child benefit :roll:

its hard i know hun you just got to tell them to get their finger out and get it sorted as you cant go onworrying over bills and relying on family members to support you

hope you get it sorted hun if you ever need to talk pm me anytime
:hug:

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen