Rowan has a rash - advice needed.

Miracle babe

Reaction score
Rowan has been off colour this week since tuesday, he's had a temp reaching 38.4 and yesterday he started coming down with a rash.
Could this be german measles or could it just be a viral rash? He's not ill to the point I feel I need the docs I'm just concerened about taking him out. In fact now that the rash has appeared he seems better in himself.
Any advice much appreciated.

I assume you've checked the rash with a glass just to rule out meningitis? Not being pessimistic - just reassuring myself :hug:

Other than that I have no idea - i would go to the doctors with any rash - if it is rubella then you really need it confirming so that you know not to take yourselves out because of the risk to pregnant women :hug:

Miracle babe - I have just posted on something similar.
Tom developed a nasty rash today and has been off-colour for a few days. He has a throat infection and is on anti-biotics. I'd whip him down to A&E and get him checked out if I were you.
Let me know how you get on.
L x :hug:

Yeah I've checked the rash and it disapears under pressure so not really worried. I'm not taking him to A&E as am controlling his temp and keeping it under 37 so not worried its serious in that respect and also feel he could just pick up something else at the hospital. Rowan had septicemia at christmas so I'm being really vigilant but my instincts are telling me its not serious and yeah I'm keeping him in until it clears as dont want to risk him being in contact with any pregnant ladies even though I'm not convinced it is german measles. I figure I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back