Rip or Cut

I was cut as I had a ventouse delivery.... didnt really get a choice about either which I was a tad annoyed about! :lol:

i think personally i wud prefer the choice but i guess when it comes down to it u dnt really get to choose much do you

I went on the advice of the midwife, she said I would have a very bad tear if I didn't, plus I might have found it impossible to push him out as he had a very big head and my skin wasn't stretching properly, so I was cut. I was pushing for an hour and a half before and nothing was happening. Once I was cut, things moved along swimmingly and he was out in two pushes!

Hi!

I had an episiotomoy(sp) as i couldnt puch my boys head out totally on my own, as its my only experience i cant talk about tearing, but it was fine, they numbed the area first, so it didnt hurt, nor did being stitched up, and it was in a controlled area, and i know some tears can be very unfortunately placed, and it healed really well.

I was very ante them first time round, but this time i would hesistate to go for one if i needed it

I suffered a third degree tear :shock: , looking back I wish I had done the massage and had been cut. I didn't get offered a cut, but that may have been due to how quick the labour progressed. In my opinion it is better to tear than be cut as you tend to heal quicker. I think in this situation it's best to go with what you feel is right, but definitely give the massage a try, even if you feel a bit embarrassed doing it!! :oops: :oops:

Just to add to my earlier comment, I had an episiotomy as I ended up having a forceps delivery. It was actually done without any anaesthetic but I can actually only remember the sound of the scissors rather than any pain. The obstetrician just wanted her out as quickly as possible as things were getting a bit concerning. I think when you are in the throes of labour you just have to trust all those working with you and accept that some things won't go to plan. The only thing I was concerned with was getting her out safely (despite being terrified of hospitals, needles, being cut etc previously) and all my fears went out the window and I remember just saying I don't mind what you do as long as you get her out quickly and safely.

I had a 2nd degree tear and I have to say that I never had any problems afterwards. You would never have known that I had stiches.

I said in my birth plan that I wanted cut only if needed but there wasn't time for that.

I have heard of women that have had both and ended up in a lot of pain afterwards.

It's a personal choice with horror stories for each.

I had a second degree tear, quite a lot of stitches and to be honest after the first few days (and poos :oops: ) it was barely noticable. I've got a couple of friends who were cut and are still VERY uncomfortable months down the line. Next time I'd want to avoid an episiotomy the same.

i had a third degree tear and ended up with 40 + stitches due to baby being born with his arm over his head so i think i would have preferred to be cut and baby was 9,6 and i am only tiny !!

You might not necessarily have either - I only had a slight graze with Eva. I think I would prefer to tear though, like some of the other girls have said - it's more natural x

At least with a cut they numb it first :lol: :lol:
I was cut and also tore and tbh cant remember any difference to the amount of pain after etc!

lea m said:
At least with a cut they numb it first :lol: :lol:

Not necessarily - Jessica's heart rate started to become a worry and they decided they needed to get her out there and then so they just got the scissors out - not time for any type of anaesthetic! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back