Return to work interview

Lola's Mummy

Reaction score
I've got my return to work interview at 2pm today and i've got a few questions

I've asked to reduce my hours from 37 pw to 24 pw over 3 days. I know they can't do this in my current department so they are talking about moving me to a different department within the company.

Will i have to make decisions today or will i have time to think about things?

I'm not sure what to wear? Do i just wear my normal work clothes or should i wear a suit?

What will happen at the interview?

How long do the interviews normally last?

Hi Lola's Mummy,

I had a return to work interview in January because I wasn't coping doing 60 hour weeks whilst pregnant. I wore my "normal work clothes" (probably pretty scruffy by most people's standards, certainly not a suit!) and went armed with a list of requirements that I wanted (e.g. a desk of my own to work at, use of the disabled parking bay so I didn't have to park 2 miles away, a trolley to cart heavy stuff round in) written down so that they could be discussed.

The aim of the meeting is for resolution on both sides. They were very happy to offer me everything I wanted since it meant they were getting me back at work - otherwise they'd have had to continue paying me full pay AND get cover and pay them in full too! I think generally though they will expect you to make decisions then and there. You are expected to have thought about things beforehand (as are they).

Hope this makes sense!

I just ended up wearing my normal work clothes (trousers & shirt) as i thought a suit would have been OTT :)

I got everything i wanted and found out i have 205 hours holiday to take between May and August. I only work 24 hours a week when i return so i'll hardly have to be there :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back