results of growth scan= BIG BABY!

mrsbrickelltobe

Reaction score
hya evryone!! hope your all well

i had a growth scan yest, they were worried i was carrying too much fluid which could have indicated that the baby had a swallowing problem with amniotic fluid ec, they scanned her kidneys/liver etc and all is well :cheer:

however, i was told my hooooge bump is "all baby"
and that she is currently measuring 40 weeks and 1 day :shock: (full term) and that theyll show consultant my scan results to see if theyll induce

then i was told my consultant CANNOT see me till 15th Feb he'l check me then and prob induce me that day if she has/still growing. 2 BLOODY WHOLE WEEKS!! SHE'LL BE MEASURING 44WEEKS BY THEN!!!!

Lets hope i go soon by myself or ill be having a whopper!!! glad she's all well though and theres no probs, just a healthy chubby little angel!!

blimey! glad all is well though :hug: :hug:

crikey! Thats a big bubba! Hope they can induce you soon if you need iot and glad all is well :hug:

Glad all is well :D

Did they give you an estimated weight of baby today?

:shock: wow! I better have some of what you've been eating! :lol:

i asked if they would give me an estimated weight as i know others have been told.
the rude sonographer looked at me like i was on acid and said "how could i possible estimate how much weight your baby will put on from now until day she is born? so i asked weight at this stage and she rudely replied, "its not my job to play guessing games, i check your baby is ok thank you"

patronising cow!!!!!!

How rude! She could have been a bit more polite about it! :shock:
At my 4d scan they gave me an estimate of the babys weight at term but she said that was assuming the baby continued to grow at the same rate.
7 1/2 pounds she said...foo friendly! :D

A nice big healthly baby thats the main thing even if it hurts like hell.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

That's helpful - and what exactly does a 40week old bubs weigh :lol:
It could be anything from 7lbs +
Ignore the silly sonographer and bask in the knowledge that you are fab at growing babies :D :D

mrsbrickelltobe said:
i asked if they would give me an estimated weight as i know others have been told.
the rude sonographer looked at me like i was on acid and said "how could i possible estimate how much weight your baby will put on from now until day she is born? so i asked weight at this stage and she rudely replied, "its not my job to play guessing games, i check your baby is ok thank you"

patronising cow!!!!!!

how rooode!

I was told he was nearly 4 pounds at 27 weeks :shock:

Babylicious said:
how rooode!

:shock: Logan was only 2.5lb at 26+6! I must do small babies cos James was only 5lb 15oz at 38 weeks

Babylicious said:
mrsbrickelltobe said:

patronising cow!!!!!!

how rooode!

OMG that is rude!! I probably would have cried :lol: When I have my growth scans they always put an estimated weight on the report which goes in my notes.

Babylicious, sorry but I cannot believe that's right! You're tiny!! You hardly had a bump at 27 weeks! Mine was just approaching 4 pounds at my 32 week growth scan and even with my low fluid I'm twice the size of you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back