• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Renault Megane?

tots hope

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone had one and if they did what do they think of it?

Planning on getting a new car and looking to the future in the hope that we have children and this it looks a reasonably good car for the price and also the room in it seems really good. Just wondered if anyone was able to give me some pro's and cons about it please?

I know it isn't the most attractive car in the world but i think that makes it quite cute (if that is possible for a car!)

Have a look and let me know what you think

http://www.renault.co.uk/Productpage_ho ... eganeHatch

I can't help in any other way apart from it looks nice! :lol: I really like the shape! :D

I've got one of these!

The car itself is great, drives well and is quite cost effective. However, the maufacture of the caris awfull.

We've had the car since new and the electrics have failed, the back lights have failed, the windscreen wipers have broken in the rain, the fan belt has broken, and now a bolt has come off the engine so it might fall out.

BNone of these things were fixed after paying £400 for a service and so we've had to pay extra for them.

If I were you I would think twice!

dont buy renault, they are unreliable.
my oh works for aa and he says 99 times out of 100 its a renault he goes out to. most of the problems can only be fixed at renault garage and they charge you a fortune. he absolutely hates them.
japanese are the best they are more expensive but are the most reliable by far.

I have a brand new Renault Scenic which is an amazing car and before that I had a Renault Clio for 5 years. I have never had a problem with either of them and would recommend Renault cars to anyone.

We had a renault scenic for 2wks and put it back to the garage as it was awful!!

It was brand new and the electrics failed and the hand breaks failed.

my advice is dont but one!!

sorry i have no experience with this

Good luck

:hug: :cheer:

I had a renault megane coupe.. 3 door .. 3 door not very good for a family..bucket seats..very difficult to get in and out of and not much room in the back...and a tiny boot! like mentioned the window wipers didnt work in the rain.. my friend also has the same one as i had and she had a problem with her electrics also..and problems with the lights!

I would reconsider if i where you! I currently have a kia cerento (i think thats how its spelt) its got 5 doors plenty of space in the back and loads of boot space.. nice car to drive and great on petrol..i would recommend one of these! Ive had it a year and touch wood no problems at all with it!

I speak from experience... I always get very very bored with cars.

I have loads and loads. :lol:

Regarding family cars to be honest id stick to VW Golfs, Seat Leons or Hondas. There all heavy on the road, reliable, and are high on safety.

I had nothing but trouble with all my french cars pugs, renaults and citroens - varying from fawlty electrics, leaking sunroofs, drive shafts, engine falts. In crashes they were rubbish!!! Totally crumbled... wouldnt like to have a baby in one of them and be involved in an accident.

Vauxhalls were just as bad... rattles all the time... ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Iv had a leon and a honda.... I cant fault them at all, heavy on the road, safe to drive, no problems what so ever. They may cost more, servicing and parts cost more... but id rather pay for that due to drive quality and safety.

Your either lucky with a car or not,... just the way it goes I think..

We have a Ford Focus C-Max, they are an excellent family car. I've heard Renaults aren't very reliable.
This is what I have I love it

Ford_Focus_C-MAX_01.jpg

i have renault megane.. its brilliant its p reg drives well. ok on petrol adn has 3 proper seatbelts in teh back.. only thing to go wrong with it in 4 years is a suspension coill.. its a really good car..

Mixed reviews then i guess :think:

Well i ordered one today on a finance deal so its not in their interest for them to have it breakdown because i have three years manufactors gaurantee on it. Guess its like any car realy there are good ones and there are bad ones - lets hope this one is a good one.

Managed to haggle with the garage so i have got a 5 door magane extreme 1.4v, AC, CD and Ipod player and conectors, alloy wheels for £199 a month with a final payment of £3,250 which is less than if you were to pay for one off the fore court! On the fore court they are £13,300 and i got mine (well after i have finished paying for it £10414! A saving of £2900. They advertised the car wrongly so got in their quick - they were advertising £199 for a basis 3 door no CDplayer and no alloys. Dont think i did too badly

Lets hope that just because i got it cheap it wont be a bad car!

Thanks for your advice ladies :hug:

Whooo hooo how exciting! show us pics when you get it :)

lainey said:
Regarding family cars to be honest id stick to VW Golfs, Seat Leons or Hondas. There all heavy on the road, reliable, and are high on safety.

We have 2 Hondas. Hubby has the CR-V Auto Exec and I have the Honda Jazz Auto and I love them both!! So easy to drive and never had a problem with them (touch wood!!)

This is mine but in black
honda_jazz_800_600_6.jpg

SarahH said:
We have 2 Hondas. Hubby has the CR-V Auto Exec and I have the Honda Jazz Auto and I love them both!! So easy to drive and never had a problem with them (touch wood!!)

I love the jazz and would have got one but Honda were messing me around - they told me they could match the price of the Megane at £199 a month (we pay on finance) but gave me a price of £269 which i know im not the best mathematician in the world but i dont think those numbers are the same. :think: Also the final payment was £2000 more! Not quite the best deal.

I know Jazz depreciates slowly but i guess if i give up work that £70 might be needed else where.

Oh well just lookforward to the ddelivery of this one and if i don't like it get hubby to get a Jazz and do a swop! (Not that he is aware of this yet!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back