recurrent miscarriage - article in Times Sat 5 April

OMG, this has made me :cry: . So sad but what an happy ending :cheer:

This is what I have but we have two happy endings now and one angel who grew his wings far too early

that was a really nice story, especially from the mans point of view.

I just wanted to share my story with you girls about recurrent miscarriages
There is no happy ending for me YET! But i feel a happy ending coming soon :pray:

I am a missed miscarraige patient losing 9 babies recently lost twins in march 2008
my first pregnancy ended at 10wks no heart beat at 12 wk scan baby was seen on scan well
developed sucking her thumb i then went on to lose 7 other babies including the twins in march
at 8wks no H/b i had to have a scan at 6wks and 8wks and always seen a hb at 6wks but never at 8wks
going by babys fetal size they died at 8wks gestation i then had a whats called a blighted ovum
which is just the pregnancy sac and no baby developed which is due to somthing going wrong
when fertilization took place . I had many tests run on me even went down theatre
to be looked around inside my tummy to see if somthing was causing this and all came back normal

even all my bloods i had no blood clotting disorders nothing was shown babys had cells took from them
at autopsy to see if they had extra chromosomes causing the pregnancy to abort its self but babys
was all fine nothing wrong except the blighted ovum which i explained about before .
I was still determent to have a baby and was trying and trying after being told there is nothing wrong
with me and i could not get pg so i was back down to theatre to check if i had any blockages
and more bloods tests to see if i was ovulating and all was normal i was producing eggs

So dh had his swimmers tested and it come back that his test was not as good as it was before
which can be cause by a bad flu or we when then sent to the fertility clinic in the hospital
and the doctor there said i can get pg but i could hit a year bfp and miss another 4 yrs
its pot luck really so he asked us if we wanted to have IuI i had 3 goes of this all bfn never worked
i then was told the only solution would be icsi i was told to ring the clinic on first day of my af

My af was late by 4 days i just thought it was my body playing up on me cause i was going for
treatment so i had a pg test at home i done the test and it was bfp a natural bfp with twin girls
that i lost at 2mths 1 day pg i had a scan at 6wks 7wks seen hearbeats at 8wks went for a scan
and they said baby number 2 had no hb but baby number 1 had a strong hb i went back at 10wk
can and baby A had no hb was told by gestation size that baby number A died the same day i had the
8wk 1 day scan and was told baby was perfect ..

My gyno said there is nothing wrong with me nothing in my bloods babys was fine all was normal
unexplained onec again and this i just was not happy about there had to be a reason for this
happing no one loses this amount of babys and is told its normal .

I watched a programme a documentry in 2004 about a miscarraige clinic in paddington london
a hospital called st marys who helped woman in my position to go on and have a baby
i wrote a letter to this lady proffesor lesley regan and she asked for me to come to the clinic
4 hr drive from where i live but me and dh done the drive there and back 8hrs we needed answers
i had a load of bloods done and was told to come back for the results 2mths later
that day arrived and we did the long journey onec again and was told i had 2 blood clotting
disorders so when pg i develope small clots which cuts of oxergen supply to baby
starving them from oxergen :(

I forgot to mention that the hospital near my home which i attend everytime i was pg who run the many test and all come back normal was giving me 75mg of asprin and a 500mg of fragmin in a injection to take every day which did not work as they where saying its just incase
i do have a blood clotting disorder when pregnant but its not showing up..

Now this doctor i seen in london said she would up my dose of asprin to 150mg as well as still
taking the fragmin injection as soon as i am pg now i have not got round to using this to see if it works
yet but as i was tested positive for a blood clotting disorder called lupas.
They have to retest the patient and my result come back normal so my head was spinning
after being told they finally found somthing and then the next test was normal just made me
want to be sick i felt there was gonna be a change they found a reason they can find a cure
and now it was like back to square one no reason no explanation ..

Although the doctor at london said because i have been tested postive for it onec then
i still have to take the extra dosage of medication i feel now that i could have some success
Sadley i have no children so there has been no happy endings for me YET!!
My dh is broken hearted when i lose my babys he shows his emotions and when us ladies
lose a baby we never think about the effects it must have on our dh :(
I know my dh says he would give anything and everything for me to have a baby and it hurts
when your the one losing the babys there was one time i felt like i was stopping my dh
from being a father its just so sad ..

I just pray there is a happy ending for me and i have my little miracle sent to me very soon :pray:
some say they dont know i cope where i get the strength from to carry on ttc yet to lose another
and another well when you have a book full of scan pictures of your little babys and your told
there is nothing stopping you from being a mother it makes you more determent to acheive your goal
which for me is being a mummy waking up in the middle of the night for feeds first tooth first steps
first day at school its easy said from a person who has children but when you have none its not
that easy to say.. yes i am gonna give up trying cause theres no way i could do that ..
I am ttc again this month i just wanted to share my story with you all i know i have no happy endings
at the moment but hope to have a happy ending and be able to tell this story to my little miracle
when god sends him or her for keeps ..

No matter what you keep trying you hear so many stories people losing 8 and 9 like myself
and go on to have 4 children one story i know is a lady who is a family friend lost 7 and went on
to have 4 boys and then the sucsess storys from st marys in paddington are amazing and gives
me hope i belive in pma a new year a new beginning .. Is there any one on here that has lost
a multiple amount of pregnancys ? and been tested for blood clotting disorder ? :hug:

Hun, I haven't had multiple miscarriages - just the one which was very early, but still very disappointing - but, I just wanted to say how much I admire your courage and determination to carry on. I agree with you wholeheartedly that you should just keep on trying and I am sure one day it will pay off and you will get your baby(ies!). I am having problems with my hormones and I'm not sure if I am even ovulating but, I know that I will keep on nagging at my doctor and keep going for the blood tests, and any others I may need for as long as it may take.
I wish you the very best of luck. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back