Reality hitting home!?

michelle82

Reaction score
Is anyone else feeling like me and cant believe how quickly time has past and how in a matter of weeks we are going to be mummys !!

I finish work in 2 weeks! Yay!! Have low iron levels so was starting to get tired but since taking the iron tablets feeling loads better.

Our Nursery is all done, just waiting for the nursing chair to arrive but I still feel like I have loads to do, I think my nesting instinct is kicking in as I look around and think the paintwork on that needs touching up and this needs doing and that. Its a scary thought that I dont have much longer left and still have things to buy. Still have xmas shopping to do!

I am working on the time frame that it could arrive 2 weeks early or be 2 late if its early I have just over 6/7 weeks!! oh my god. The thing is giving birth I dont have issues with and cant wait because then it will nearly be over and I'll be holding this little one but at the same time I'm like its happening so quickly!!

Then I start thinking I dont know anything like I can do the whole nappies and bathing thing but how long can you keep milk and how many bottles do you get thru........................then I think stop it thats what your mums there for to help you along and if this little ones a girl in 20 years I could be helping her!

Still after saying all that I cant wait roll on Jan!!

hello

Iknow what you mean i think most of us are going through taht right now, and we just keep growing lol, all i need now is mostly small things but its stuff that you think of like i need nursing bras but havent gone out to get one lol, its just crazy how your mind jsut goes on wondering if you missed anything and the what if's........... But i'm sure we'll be fine, although thats not gonna stop us from stressing out and hoping everything will be perfect for the day we bring our babies home. But christmas we told everyone were only buying for the little ones in the family because last year we spend $1000 just on other people not including eachother, so were gonna try and save some money this year...hopefully.
Well take care and hope your energy pics up.
Katrina

I was going to post a similar topic on how time is flying. Now I'm past 3/4 there, it seems to be going way too fast, and considering there is a lot of premature babies in my family, I could be a mum in a month :shock:

I'm finally starting to be very excited about being a mum. i think my daunted stage has passed now and I am really getting into it.

We have been out shopping to buy stuff today and we are going out to buy more stuff tomorrow night and I am loving it!!!!!!

I'm really excited to being a mum now - still got loads of shopping to do but all that is being done online now by the looks of it. At the moment no-one thinks I will get much past 36 weeks if I'm lucky so with that in mind I'd only have 6 weeks left! :shock:
I agree - it has totally flown by.

i dont want my pregnancy to end, it seems to have gone by so quick and i havent had enough time to enjoy it lol

i cant wait to meet my boy tho, me and jase are so excited!

we both want another baby after this one, we planned to wait a year but jase has asked if we can try sooner, i will have to see how i feel when Coby is here tho.

we have almost everything we need now, just got to buy cot bedding which we are going to get this week, along with baby monitors.

going to be washing alot of baby clothes this week, just to make them smell nice and fresh, then its just a case of waiting!

:D

I still have mixed feelings about it all. One day I will be so excited and just can't wait and the next I am really terrified and can't believe that I am actually going to be a mum. I am gradually getting used to it though and there are more excited days than daunted days now.
I also feel like I have been pregnant forever, but then time is going really fast, it quite bizarre!!

I'm feeling very excited but obviously am the only person for whom time is limping by slowly. I feel like I've been pregnant for 100 years and I'm never going to get there. Still 5 weeks and 4 days of work left :evil: which seems like eternity when every hour lasts a year here. That's the equivalent of 217.5 years :shock: Ahhrrggggg!!!

I agree with everything that everyone has said

I feel like I have been pregnant for an eternity already. I've been all the way through the summer with this thing, and now autumn and I still have the winter to go. I will virtually be in the srping by the time my bean arrives.

Thats a long time to go without getting pissed, having hot baths, not wearing normal clothes, not suffering various ailments, being relaxed, not eating certain foods or taking certain miracle medications.

But at the same time, despite any niggles, I think the whole process of being pregnant is truely magical. I adore the fuss I get from my family and friends and I will miss the early nights and extra long lay ins that I have got used to.

Its wierd. I feel like I have been pregnant forever but I don't want it to end!

I very much want it to end but not until she's properly cooked :D
Come January 1st I'll be overdosing on raspberry leaf tea!!!!

LouisecH said:
I very much want it to end but not until she's properly cooked :D
Come January 1st I'll be overdosing on raspberry leaf tea!!!!

haha same as me!! hot curry a week later and hay presto - lets gets this baby out!!

Well my husband is an Indian Chef so I have curry a lot. That's why I'm hoping the raspberry leaf tea will kick start it. Might take up aerobics too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back