Question....

berit87

Reaction score
Bleeding after birth. How long do you have to wait until you can start using tampons again?

Thank you! :) x

I wouldn't use them for bleeding after birth but I used them for my first period (at about 8 weeks) as I'd been given the OK by the GP at my 6 week check. Hope that helps!

When I had my son 3 years ago my doc advised not using tampons for about 3 months after the birth! :shock: Not sure if this is standard advice for everyone, or whether it was because I'd had a bad tear and needed time to heal? :think: Either way, I wouldnt use them for the first couple of months anyway as you can still be quite sore and bruised inside, and there is also a risk of infection :hug:

lisa282 said:
When I had my son 3 years ago my doc advised not using tampons for about 3 months after the birth! :shock: Not sure if this is standard advice for everyone, or whether it was because I'd had a bad tear and needed time to heal? :think: Either way, I wouldnt use them for the first couple of months anyway as you can still be quite sore and bruised inside, and there is also a risk of infection :hug:

It better not be the standard now :shakehead: :rotfl: Pads feel so... dirty. Even though I change them really often :puke: x

berit87 said:
It better not be the standard now :shakehead: :rotfl: Pads feel so... dirty. Even though I change them really often :puke: x

I know what you mean, I hate them!! So dirty and damn uncomfortable too! :talkhand:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back