Question about piles...

purplebluered

Reaction score
Errr...how do you know it's piles, how do you treat it or calm it down? Or get your poos squashier (sorry brain's not working :D )

Errr *runs away and hides* I feel a bit thick at the moment :wall:

Help me out with your wonderful words of wisdom ladies please!! :hug:

To put it as crudely as possible,

It's like little growths coming out of your bum :rotfl:

They can be very very painful too if you get one that wants to swell up to the size of a marble!!

Blood and pain are usually pretty good indicators, plus you may find "grape" things, but thats the second stage of piles when they come outta you.

Piles is basically varicose veins in your bum, so obviously they are swollen and painful, and do usually bleed.

I can tell I have it when there is red blood when I wipe. Normally I eat more fruit (for softening purposes) and it goes away again. Luckily I've only had two episodes of it so far.

Oh and when I mentioned it to my midwife she said I should get some Anasol (sp?) from the chemists. I haven't tried it though, mine always seems to have gone away again by the time I've thought about going to the chemists :D

Mildly said:
Oh and when I mentioned it to my midwife she said I should get some Anasol (sp?) from the chemists.

I've not had piles personally but i've heard that stuff is very good and its easy to buy over the counter. I

Thanks for all your replies girls. Think I sound like you mildly...I had red blood today when wiping post poo (it was a harder poo than normal) but I don't have any pain or itchiness, so was wondering. Thinking about it I realised I've not eaten as much fruit or drank as much water since finishing work last week, so wondering if that's a reason.

Aside from drinking lots of water and eating more fruit, what other things in your food helps squishier poos??

(can't think of another word for squishier, brains not working :wall: :rotfl: )

i have lactulose on presription but it can be bought from chemist,it makes poo squishier and more frequent, I am normally a once a week girl, but go every day when im taking lactulose. :D :D

ANNA27 said:
i have lactulose on presription but it can be bought from chemist,it makes poo squishier and more frequent, I am normally a once a week girl, but go every day when im taking lactulose. :D :D

haha I sound like an advert for squishier poo :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back