putting zach in his cot for the first time tonight

charlotte_

Reaction score
i'm a bit fed up of him sharing a bed with me, when it started it helped me actually ge some sleep... but it doesn't anymore. he takes up the whole bed! for a little thing he sure like spreading about. so i've got him hitting me in the face stretching his arms out and my OH pushing me to budge up. he really won't sleep in his moses basket, i think he's too big for it & he just doesn't have the room to wiggle, so enough is enough!

any tips? i really want him to settle... i don't want it to be some big drama!

also, i have a sleeping bag thing and it's the 'warmer' one, what should i put him in clothes wise? just a vest?

we have wee man in a sleepsuit & sleeping bag, and it keeps him cosy :)

usually dummy & gentle rocking gets him to sleep. good luck! :hug:

Yay!
Putting Isla in her cot was the best thing I ever did! Im not having a moses basket next time :talkhand:
Hope it continues for you! :cheer: :cheer:

Have you got the cot in your room? I'm starting to think Calum should go in his cot but it won't fit in our room. But apart from last night he's still feeding every 2.5 hours so I don't want to be going back and forth to his room 4/5 times a night. I think as soon as he's going 4 hours between feeds consistently he'll be in his own room.

no, he's in his own room - i don't have the space either. i was a bit hesitant at first, and i did wake up every hour or so panicking! but it's obviously what he needed, the moses basket just didn't have the space for him, i couldn't do much else but put him in there! i has a baby monitor next to my head all night, but my house is tiny so i heard him wake up anyway.

Hmm, Calum is def getting too big for the basket, I don't think we'll get much more than a couple more weeks out of it. His room isn't too far so I'm sure I'd hear him. He did manage to go for 4 hours between his feeds last night so if he starts doing that I think he'll be going in his own room.

It's great that Zach slept through so long! Just shows you were right to do it! :cheer:

Yay on him sleeping through hun!! :cheer:
Lola is far too big for her basket heehee but I can put her in her cot yet so I will have to put her in the travel cot for a while! :( Dont want to lol!

i want to put blake in his own room, but i am scared to :( even though i have a tommee tippee sensor mat and 2 monitors :roll: :roll:

Becky said:
Hmm, Calum is def getting too big for the basket, I don't think we'll get much more than a couple more weeks out of it. His room isn't too far so I'm sure I'd hear him. He did manage to go for 4 hours between his feeds last night so if he starts doing that I think he'll be going in his own room.

It's great that Zach slept through so long! Just shows you were right to do it! :cheer:

Yay for Zach sleeping through, I put Maia into her room at exactly 3 months and she slept through ever since, the first week was a bit sproadic but then slept through every night. She does wake on the very odd occasion now but usually when she's unwell.

Becky I had Maia in a travel cot in our room for a while when she grew out of her moses basket. When Maia first went into her own room I left her bedroom door and our door open so I could hear her and she was quite loud, even now with her door closed and ours a jar I still hear her, even if she just whimpers.

emmie said:
i want to put blake in his own room, but i am scared to :( even though i have a tommee tippee sensor mat and 2 monitors :roll: :roll:

lol, me too! I reckon Molly would sleep really well in her own room, we disturb her but she still seems to little!

Some of you lot put me to shame! Lucy's still in her moses basket, but she's not going to fit much longer. I'm too scared!

wow congrats!! well done little zach :cheer: :cheer:

we don't even have our cot mattress yet :lol:

Christina, I dont even have a cot yet!!! hahaha

:lol: :lol: no cot yet, I thought we were bad!! we bought the mattress yesterday :( its sad to to think he won't be in arms reach soon!

:shock: 11 hours! :cheer: :cheer: well done zach!!

you are convincing me to move Kai to his cot sooner :lol:

Wow that's great! Well done both of you!

We've decided to try it on Saturday. My mum has offered to have DD overnight so if he is unsettled or cries loudly then at least she won't be disturbed! If I get 11 hours I'll be in heaven!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back