Public transport

TORino

Reaction score
You ladies who get the bus regularly, hats off to you.

I had arranged to meet a friend for lunch in town today and OH needed to take the car to work because his lift let him down.

I toyed with cancelling, what with the monsoon etc but thought no, I'll make the effort. I'll get the bus. Bear in mind I have got a bus about 3 times in the last 10 years.

So I walk to the bus stop in the rain and wait for the bus. One comes along but it was really high up and difficult to get the pram on, it wasn't one of those nice new buses that go up and down for easy access. I drag myself up on to it and there is no space for the pushchair because tgere was 2 other mums on already. So I am told I have to fold it up or wait for the next one. Well it doesn't fold up easily and I had the carry cot on so I struggle getting off again to wait for the one.

I am very late by this point. I get on the next bus which was fine but when I tried to get off, the bus lowered itself but the kerb wasn't raised, T bag nearly got tipped out of the pushchair!!!!

Oh and it cost me 2.30 to go a few bloody stops!

I've done busses once since having Tyler. Busses are not good with buggies!

No, I won't be getting the bus again lol

I have no option but to bus it! I live about 3 miles from town and have no car :( I have to do my weekly shop and get everything into as little bags as possible because I've got to get it back on the bus, buggy in tow. :shock: it's horrific.

I do get bus rage occasionally though but usually it's not too bad. Lord only know how many hours I've wasted waiting for the bus though. I do vividly recall waiting over 40 minutes in -4 degrees because the bus wa late. Not a good morning.

I have no option but to bus it! I live about 3 miles from town and have no car :( I have to do my weekly shop and get everything into as little bags as possible because I've got to get it back on the bus, buggy in tow. :shock: it's horrific.

I do get bus rage occasionally though but usually it's not too bad. Lord only know how many hours I've wasted waiting for the bus though. I do vividly recall waiting over 40 minutes in -4 degrees because the bus wa late. Not a good morning.

Wow, I am very impressed. I'd be online shopping it all the way of I had to do the shopping and take it on the bus. You are a brave lady!!!!

The last time I got the bus there was only me and a lady in a wheelchair who were getting on an empty bus, it was a bit of a mexican stand off for the buggy/wheelchair space lol but I lat her go in it cos I'm nice like that :D

I have to always get the bus too as I don't drive, bus driver is meant to let you know if there is 2 buggies on there already but one did the same thing to me and the dirty looks I got from people for getting on and then I was stuck until the next stop where I got off anywayyyy and then had to pay again to go on the bus, then it terminated without warning which meant I had to get off and pay again!:wall2:

Chrissie that's terrible! Did you complain? There's a lot of laws about women with babies and buses, ie they aren't allowed to leave you stranded or in the snow etc

No i didn't but I should have, I was so stressed because I was taking my mum to hospital that day as she had to have a lot of tests done because she was very unwell, it was awful :( and Jake was only tiny then. But I always have to get the bus to go the nice parks as the one near me has a load of chavs and troublemakers :wall2:

I get the bus most places to as I dont drive! If u did it often enough u would get used to it and I also used to do my weekly shop via pram and bus lol

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

i also dnt drive n have got the bus on a few occasions but only if im going somewhere out of walking distance,not a FAN, had to do my shop in asda today with pram and basket, not the best xx

You get used to it but its hard work especially with a tandem.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

I feel for you hun i waited two hours for a single decker to end up getting on a double decker to fold down my pram and put my newborn in his carrycot on the seat. Bare in mind i had my second section two weeks ago so wasn't happy about waiting that long or having to dismantle and reassemble him x

20/06/2012 - Elliott born at 12:09 x

11/02/2011 - Leo born at 11:37 x

I get the train everywhere it's a lot easier , I won't get buses as there is either no space for the pram by the time it gets to my stop or old women are sitting there with there shopping trolleys , tbh they should be told to move as it states pushchair space x

I dont drive so have always used the bus with AJ in the pram (he's not in one now :lol:) I'm lucky I've never had a problem with the buggy & bus situation.
Nearly always got a space and never had to collapse the buggy. I just hope I'm as lucky when Pip comes along!

I've had to get the bus a few times due to car trouble. They either don't stop at the bus stop so you have to litterally lift the buggy up to get it on, or there's old ladies with their shopping in the isle. If there's not people already in the buggy bit some will come on and block you in.

I think the first 50% of the bus should be for standing up/wheeled access only, make the old dears sit at the back that's where the exit is anyway.

I had to get the bus all the time with my 1st son, they used to have stairs on and off through the same door with a bar inbetween so you had to carry the buggy on no matter what.

I've taken the bus with the sling, it was OK until you decide to buy something or the baby gets tired of being attached to you. Sitting down with a sling on isn't really comfy for baby either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back