• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PS2 game certificates

skairdykat

Reaction score
Macaulay who's 11 wants to play on Grand Theft Auto 3 which is a 18 cert. Now when we first got the game we did let him play on it until we heard some of the language and saw the 'missions' like taking a load of prostitutes to some party or something, and chasing some rival gangsters in a car then killing them. We said he couldn't go on it after that. So now months later he's sat here with a face on him because he's suddenly rememebered about the game and wants to go on it :roll:

Is any-one else on here quite strict about what games they allow their kids on or are we being unfair? His friends are allowed these games (his friend who is younger came in the house last week with his PSP and that game was on). I just feel uncomfy with him listening to the swear words - it's nothing to graphic - and also hearing the prostitutes make comments as the character is walking around, again nothing to graphic just insinuations IYKWIM.

My 10 yr old nephew plays games like that occasioanlly but it hasnt washed off on him and we havent told him their hookers, he just calls them girls bless him and he dont understand it.
I dont think they do any harm if you moserate their use.

I would NEVER let a child play Grand theft Auto, they take prostitutes into the car for sex, and if you want to get out of paying you can kill her! It's all about drug running and murder, I think even if a child doesn't understand that now, sooner or later they will understand what they are doing.

image678404x.jpg

i dont let my DH play Grand theft Auto! :rotfl:
Its an addictive game and is full of sex and violence and i wouldnt let a kid play it. :)

not a chance would i let any of mine play it.
i caught my then 13 yr old stepson upstairs with his mates on his mates Grand Theft & i made him take it out :D

now hes 14 i still won't buy it for him or let him play on it, although anywhere else i cannot control what he goes on.

i can't believe so many other parents (your sons friends & my kids friends) lat their kids go on it & then they wonder why kids are doing the things they are doing :roll:

jenna said:
Its an addictive game and is full of sex and violence and i wouldnt let a kid play it. :)

yeah exactly, there are thousands of other games out there more suitable for kids... why let them play one full of swearing, sex and murder? :puke:

I would never let my kids play it - my DH bought it for himself and I was shocked at all you had to do in it!

Phew!! Not just me then? I know that I can't restrict what he plays on in his mates house etc but he's defo not going on it in my house. :shakehead:

no its not just you hun, you stick to your guns too.
kids can be very crafty & i am constantly questioning myself about the things i let & don't let my kids do & they use the old 'well my friends are allowed'

i don't want to be the one whos always saying no, but when we believe in something & truely believe our kids shouldn't do smoething/watch/play on something, then we as parents have to be strong.
i am fed up with other people (mainly DH family) thinking i am strict all the time, when to me i am just normal!

sorry hun if i hijacked your thread :oops:

You've not hijacked it hun :hug: I like to hear other peoples opinions :D

There's no way I'd let my son on it either. He is 7 and just think it gives the wrong impression about life in general. It's not suitable for such a young mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back