proud of myself

annie4

Reaction score
went to the hospital on fri - saw the senior reg and discussed
1. csection - def. ok with him :D
2. date of section (i want 38wks cause of oh's uni dates) - he has made a note but nothing decided yet :?
3. my sleeping tablets - fine to keep using :D
4. my holiday - fit and healty of go - whoo hoo :cheer: :cheer:
im proud becasue usually im c**p at explaining myself to docs or i forget everything i meant to ask
Finally -
my prouest bit - he scanned me - babe is lying transverse (all my babes do!!) but babe is weighting at 3.5 lbs - measuring for about 30weeks) - now i know it has little to do with me but i am unbelievibly proud of myself that my baby is a bit on the big side - I am only 5ft and all my babies have been q.small ie
- maybe im going to get a big bruiser this time :clap:

:clap: Well done Annie. I know what you mean about not putting your point across sometimes. I can be like that too.

It's great that LO is growing well and is a good size too. :D

:hug:

annie - does transverse mean lying across your stomach instead of head up or down? (long time since I did this baby stuff :oops: )

My youngest sister is almost 36 weeks and the baby was breech - now it looks like it's moved across her stomach (she's naturally v skinny - you can almost count the baby's fingers and toes through her bump :D ) Do babies generally move from this position? She delivered about 2 weeks early with her first and is worried that she'll start early again with the baby lying like this.

libs said:
annie - does transverse mean lying across your stomach instead of head up or down?

yes - i think so anyway - almost like a banana shape - i dont know if they move from this position - my 1st did but went back to back - my 2nd started head down and swung round transverse once my waters broke, my 3rd was transvers whole way until date of section. - I think my babies lie like this because even though i am only 5ft - my legs are a regualar size - so my top half is actually VERY short and they just cant get room to go head/bum down

Hopefully your sisters baby will turn - what happended last time?? - it think if they stay transverse they oofer to try and turn the baby (i refused this) otherwise they go to csection

:shock:

My baby is laying transverse, she has been like this for weeks now so will I have to have a Csection?
My bump is low and I do have a small frame so I think she might not have enough room to go head down.

vicky - dont let my experience panic you - porobably lots of lo's turn well in time - it just hasnt been that way for me. Have you talked to the doc/mw about the transverse lie? On the upside - i love Csections :D - pm me if you want more details

I have a growth scan on tuesday morning so I will know more about it then.
In my maternity record the m/w has put '?transverse' so if she put the question mark in then she can't be 100% sure how the baby is laying (is she actually qualified or what lol) but I know the baby is laying across.
I still have 6 weeks and 6 days left so I wont start worrying about it until nearer the time but the idea of a csection doesn't really seem that bad,

I'm really small too, and my baby was lying across the way for quite a while but when I went for scan last Tuesday the head was right down. S/he was really curled up, but I'm sure the babies have plenty of room (and time) to turn round. I was sitting on and leaning over my ball so maybe this helped? x

annie4 said:
libs said:
annie - does transverse mean lying across your stomach instead of head up or down?

yes - i think so anyway - almost like a banana shape - i dont know if they move from this position - my 1st did but went back to back - my 2nd started head down and swung round transverse once my waters broke, my 3rd was transvers whole way until date of section. - I think my babies lie like this because even though i am only 5ft - my legs are a regualar size - so my top half is actually VERY short and they just cant get room to go head/bum down

Hopefully your sisters baby will turn - what happended last time?? - it think if they stay transverse they oofer to try and turn the baby (i refused this) otherwise they go to csection

Last time the baby was in a normal position (amazingly as she turned into the most awkward child ever :wink: ) Yesterday evening it seemed as though the baby turned again although she's unsure whether he's gone breech or head down :? She was also having v strong BH :shock: so strong that I was wondering if they weren't actually BH :? Last time she fell into the same trap as me as our BHs were so strong we didn't realise labour had started :oops: So maybe it's moving ready to make its way out :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back