Presents for an 11 months old

-Kelly-

Reaction score
So far I've just bought a little thing that you hammer balls through, and a book that makes noises on each page. He is also getting a stacker thing, a shape sorter and he has a little keyboard and a wooden activity cube.

I'm just wondering what toys were popular for your LO between 12 and 18 months? It's also his birthday in January and I'm struggling for things that will actually entertain him when he's far more interested in playing with household things like remotes and empty bottles!

I was thinking a car (like this one) because he likes the one at his playgroup but it's sod's law I'll get one for home and he won't be interested! What did your LO love at this age?

We took lil miss to toys r us... I didn't think 9 month olds could throw I want paddies like that... but apparently they can :think:

The toy ride on car is what set her off.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Like you I got one of those hammer/ball things. But we've mainly gone for clothing. She's not really "interested" in toys, and they will only join the stacks of other toys she doesn't play will preferring to play with a cardboard box or remote control. :roll:

like you lelands birthday is in jan too but this is what his getting the older type toys are for his bday , but his fairly advanced in activitys like this so is getting some 18 onths stuff but he prob wont use it till sumemr anyway (these arent just from us but fammily too lol)

wooden puzzles , wooden shape sort , wooden xlyone , wooden bead toy
little tikes police car and the little tike police rocker
lots of random megablocks stuff (all from carboot)
a climbingframe/slide (again 2nd hand)
books either noisey or touchey feely
fisher price safari train with 2 extra animals
quad ride on , and a cars ride on .
clothes !
he'll also get his first crayons and chalks
happyland sets !!!! so far his has for his birthday the vets , the police station and goosefeather farm ! and im bidding on the safari set on ebay :cheer:

like i said these arent all from me lol just what i know his getting !

We made a list then let family choose too, we're gunna split it between her bday & xmas so it sounds like loads but its not all from us :)

The main things shes getting:

* Clothes (next sale!)
* In Car DVD Player / DVDs - Shes already got it and loves it, she used to scream everywhere we went but doesnt anymore :D
* Play tent & tunnel (second hand)
* Activity Cube
* Building Blocks
* Doll
* Learning toys
* Books
* Trike
* ITNG toys
* Stand up walker
* Rocking Horse
* Bubble fish lamp
* Crayons & Colouring book
* Loads of bits & bats

We still have more bits to get :) we've spent about £160 on her so far (for xmas & bday) but her grandparents have gone mad lol spose its their first grandchild afterall! x

We got Brody far too much for Brody last year - he was 10 months. Alot of the stuff we got he is more interested in now :doh: :lol:

I think the best things were the stand up walker and building blocks!

Thanks, there's some useful ideas there :) I've only bought him two little things myself because I know he's not even really into toys but it's getting hard to let the rest of the family know what he 'wants'.

What about making up a treasure basket for him with his own household bits in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back