Pregnant whilst claiming SMP

xkikix

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I'm pregnant with my 2nd child but still on maternity leave from my first. I am due to go back in 6 weeks when I will be 20 weeks. I'm currently claiming SMP. My work dont know i'm pregnant yet but will be telling them later today. My old position has changed and when I return I will be working 2 days instead of 5 days a week.

I want to go back and work for 17 weeks taking me up to 37 weeks pregnant.

I have no idea what I will be entitled to and have been doing a bit of reseach and found a website but dont know whether its "official" if that makes sence?? This is the website...

http://www.workingfamilies.org.uk/asp/f ... rights.asp

I found an interesting section here...

To qualify for SMP you must also have earned at least £84 per week on average in the calculation period. The calculation period is the eight weeks, if you are paid weekly, up to and including the 15 th week before your baby is due. If you are paid monthly, the calculation period is usually based on the last two monthly payments received before the end of the 15 th week before your baby is due. To work out the average if you are monthly paid, add up the pay on the payslips, divide by the number of months covered (this will usually be two), multiply by 12 and divide that number by 52, to get a weekly average. Pay can include holiday pay, bonuses, overtime, sick pay and any previous periods of SMPbut not Maternity Allowance.

Which makes me think I might be entitled to SMP again but I dont know whether the website is legitimate/current.

Can anyone help me!

I'm sure you will get SMP again! Lucky thing!

Kim x x x x

Yes you accrue everything as usual while off on maternity leave, so you will get it again.

You will be entitled to SMP. The amount you get is an avaerage of your income from weeks 18 to 25 inclusive. That's the income I think, not the earnings, so remember that if you are paid at the end of the month for the previous month it will be based mostly on your SMP. You will get £117 a week or 90% of your avaerage weekly income during the 8 test weeks, whichever is smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back