• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pram sun shades and hats for littlies

loz

Reaction score
Has anyone bought a sun shade for their pram? I am a bit worried that Emms might get too hot in her pram if the sun shines in through the front under the hood. I have heard of parasols for buggies but not for prams.

Also . . . Emms is a littlie and all sun hats I have seen are much too big for her! Does anyone know where you can get tiny sun hats from?

I haven't got one but when the sun shines under the hood I just put a light blanket over it to keep the sun out.

You can get sun hat's from almost anywhere. I know that Tesco have some in and there clothes and things are quite a small fit so you might find one there.

Ive got the sunhats and parasols the works - and stil slap on the suncream!

I am currently using muslin squares as a sun shade as it takes 6 weeks for the parasole to be delivered!!!! :wall:

I bought some lovely sun hats from Gap.

Mothercare have some tiny baby sun hats i had trouble finding one small enough and even the tiny baby one is a bit big.

DebbieM said:
I have one of these.. they are absolutely fab!!!

http://www.shade-a-babe.co.uk/acatalog/ ... -Babe.html

OOh that looks really cool! Can you see through it? and would it fit a carrycot? (sorry I am hijacking this thread!)

For the pram, I was using a muslin draped over the hood, but it kept blowing off so I bought one of these:

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/detailfa ... gory=KBA81

It works quite well, but you can't see them through it! (and i just noticed they don't have any in stock!)

It might fit a carry cot (on a pram you mean, right?). You can just about see through them. The holes are tiny which makes it UV50+ protective, but it does have the front zipper and velcro so baby doesn't always have to be enclosed (ie when you go into stores etc you don't need to take the whole thing off like you do with some of them - you simply unzip the front panel and fold it down) FAB! :D

It fits both my Jane pushchair and also my Cosatto stroller.

we've bought an umbrella parasol from mothercare for our jane. its annoying though cos you have to keep changing its position when you turn a corner.

Thanks guys :hug: Long may we have great weather!! :cheer:

muppetmummy said:
we've bought an umbrella parasol from mothercare for our jane. its annoying though cos you have to keep changing its position when you turn a corner.

Yeah, we had the same problem. We bought the proper Jane one which was £30 as standard ones didn't fit. Complete waste of money!!

I bought a universal mothercare parasol which fits onto my silver cross pram and mamas and papas pushchair.

Gene
xxx

DebbieM said:
It might fit a carry cot (on a pram you mean, right?). You can just about see through them. The holes are tiny which makes it UV50+ protective, but it does have the front zipper and velcro so baby doesn't always have to be enclosed (ie when you go into stores etc you don't need to take the whole thing off like you do with some of them - you simply unzip the front panel and fold it down) FAB! :D

It fits both my Jane pushchair and also my Cosatto stroller.

hi - i bought one of these from kiddicare when Oliver was little he was fine with it then, but now he hates it and feels all closed in and kicks it off, also just to let you know the top bit thats like a cloth shade that doesnt have holes in is SPF50, the mesh, holey part is only SPF3, which i found pretty dissapointing, just to let you know.

if i was buying one again i'd get this as it has more of a life with regards to usage
http://www.shade-a-babe.co.uk/acatalog/solar_shade.html

DebbieM said:
muppetmummy said:

Yeah, we had the same problem. We bought the proper Jane one which was £30 as standard ones didn't fit. Complete waste of money!!

we managed to fit the mothercare umbrella on the horizontal bar, just in front of the profix hole the carseat clips into

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back