Pram-another possible!

It looks really good at thats a good price too. I've been looking at the Silver Cross 3D pram system. It looks very similar, I'm not sure whats different about them :think:

That's nice hun, I do like the silver cross ones, looks like a good price discount too. Just one thing (being practical) I would prefer separate handles so you can dangle extra shopping off them.

You know what, thats the only thing thats putting me off, I love separate hadles for that reason! Shopping! It is a good price and comes with carseat too. The difference between this one and the 3D is that this one parent faces in pushchair mode which i have to have!

hi all :wave:
u ladies tried looking on the mothercare website?
they have got a good sale on the prams and other stuff :)
xx

I like this one... similar one in mothercare too and it has a matching changing bag.

I want one similar xxxx

it's nice but you'd have to lay the baby down at first so not to damage it's spine, that's why i hate these prams that have carseats that attach to them cas alot of people leave their babies in the car seat out on conveniance, i just wonder what this does to their babies spines surely sitting all the time will curve it :?
anyway yes i do like the pram lol

Totally agree with you Anna, I dont intend to use the carseat on the chassis of whatever pram I decide to get, I just dont like the look of those babies squashed up!

Oh I wish I could decide which one to get-its driving me insane! If this one had separate handles I would buy it, the 3D has separate handles, why cant the linear freeway???? But the 3D only faces away and I dont want that. I also like the mamas and papas pliko 2 in 1 but for £375 its a lot to spend, and then have to get the carseat on top of that!

I dont think my specifications are that fussy:

Parent/forward facing pushchair
2 handles
Decent-ish basket
Pramette mode therefore not needing separate carrycot
Neutral colours eg, black, grey, I dont want anything colourful

Is it so hard to find the pram I need? :wall:

I think im going for the silver cross 3d, most important factor for me is seperate handles, as most prams in pram mode you cant get anything into the underneath basket and dont like the idea of juggling bags, pram and baby. I was slightly concerned about pushchair only being forward facing but my friend has a 3month old (still in pram mode) who is so inquisitive and loves looking around at everything that I think by the time they get into pushchair mode they'll want to look out at everything. Plus a Mothercare assistant advised me that children who have rear facing pushchair have a tendensy to be more clingy to their mother (dont know how true this is) but all this has made me comfortable enough not to mind it only being front facing pushchair.

Also on car seat front, totally agree with what others have said about not having on chassis as bad for baby. I am actually going for one of the lightest car seats I can find as I know from my nephew that as they get older/heavier the car seat is difficult to lift. And if you look into it there is a big different in car seat weights.

Dont buy it.

They are massive and incredibly bulky

They are ok whilst baby are tiny, and i mena ok, not even good, to push.

But get a bit of weight on bubs and it feels like ur pushing one of those wonky trolleys at the supermarket.

My original wish list was a 3-wheeler all terrain type but when i tried them out i realised that they are too big and heavy for a weakling like me! I think i am going to get the 3D Silver Cross one as well. The only disadvantage is that it faces forward in pushchair mode, but so many people have told me that thats how many LO's are happy as they can look around. My mum said that me and my brother were in forward facing pushchairs and it didn't do us any harm :lol:

MEANDTHEBUMP -

Look at the mamas and paps pliko switch.

Same as the silver cross 3d, but it is reversible in pushchair mode :)

Having pushed babies around in prams/pushchairs with separate just one handle I much prefer just one handle/bar. It's much easier to control if you only have one hand free for any amuont of time (as you can push in the middle) and putting shopping on handles nearly always ends up with an overturned pushchair when you take baby out (especially when they can get out themselves).

I do think prams are something that you should have a play with before you buy (even if you then buy online) as they are all so different. I don't like the separate handles as they always seem to be at the wrong angle. :? I was pushing my baby brother along on our Christmas day walk and trying to blow my nose at the same time and one handed pushing just doesn't work (although he seemed to find it quite amusing wobbling all over the path! :lol: )

lozzi said:
MEANDTHEBUMP -

Look at the mamas and paps pliko switch.

Same as the silver cross 3d, but it is reversible in pushchair mode :)

Thanks for that Lozzi. I have looked at the Pilko Switch but found it heavier than the Silver Cross 3D. Mamas and Papas pramette is very similar to the 3D but again only faces away. One of my friends has the pliko Switch and finds it heavy so stopped using it and bought a little buggy. Propably what i'll end up doing anyway :lol:

I love these threads! So many different opinions, thats the beauty, we all have to take bits of what everyone says and make up our own minds! Im more confused than ever!

scones said:
I love these threads! So many different opinions, thats the beauty, we all have to take bits of what everyone says and make up our own minds! Im more confused than ever!

Ive had well over 30 prams, i think its 36? not 100% sure haha

hence my title under the username...

So i can give you comparisons of different prams.

ALthough admittedly i havent used the pliko switch, altho i have used the 3d :)

God am I glad I wasn't allowed a new pram - all we did ws keep the chassis and buy new pram, carrycot, hood & buggy covers/ attachments!

Chosing a pram is sooo hard - good luck! :lol:

We were looking at the silver cross ones for a start but they are all really quiet heavy and bulky, in the end we opted for the britax visio
http://www.britax.co.uk/index.php?optio ... Itemid=331

It actually is pretty similar, silver cross ones r mayb prettier to look at but this is really practical and so lightweight and easy to use!! We got it in the java colour, also got the car seat.

Happy pram hunting! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back