Ok is this fake or not?

jenna

Reaction score
iv been waiting 8 weeks for payment off this women. She said she sent a cheque but it was held up in the strike for 4 weeks!!! then she took another week to ask who the cheque was payable to. I opened and closed the dispute and shes sent me this:

'I am being genuine. Unfortunately I cannot control Royal mail and the postal service and therefore i do not accept responsibility for the cheque not having reached you. I have limited access to a computer which means i cannot surf ebay everyday and check my messsages so it took me a while to get back to you on each occassion. My father in law has cancer and is in hospital so i have been spending a lot of my time there. so sorry that i have let things slip a bit but my personal life has been upside down.

i would ask you to remove the unpaid item strike and i will forward payment.'

:think:

the item has been relisted and if i undo the strike i wont get my fee's back. I think im going to get my 1st negative feedback! :x

Did she tell you the cheque had been sent, and THEN ask who it is payable to? If so....shes lying. She would have known who the cheque was payable to if she had already sent it. At the end of the day though, if you commit to buying something off ebay you should be prepared to send prompt payment, so she should expect this! Some people unfortunately do try it on with ebay :roll:

Hmmm, I'd be tempted to believe her, but I'd ask her for the fees on top as you've had to relist it.

she sent one and 4 weeks later after i said id had enough of waiting she said she'd sent another. 2 days after that she asked what my address was (which i gave her) and 7 days later said 'who shall i make this payable to?!' :shock: Iv tried to be as polite as i could when i replied to her message though. it also said on the listing to pay in 3 days!!

The item has already been relisted. The listing states payment should be made in 3 days, its not our fault that you couldnt pay. We are not a big business we just sell unwanted gifts for extra money. We rely on money we make on ebay to pay bills and so on. Its unfortunate that your payment didnt reach us but i think we should just leave this now. if i undo the unpaid item strike we dont get ebay fee's back and we lose out.

We wont be leaving negative feedback though as its unfair as this hasnt been a completed transaction.

Thanks

:cry: bye bye 100% +

glitzyglamgirl said:
Did she tell you the cheque had been sent, and THEN ask who it is payable to? If so....shes lying. She would have known who the cheque was payable to if she had already sent it. At the end of the day though, if you commit to buying something off ebay you should be prepared to send prompt payment, so she should expect this! Some people unfortunately do try it on with ebay :roll:

I agree, if she said she sent it then asked who the check was made payable too.. she couldn't have possibly have sent you a check... as it would have been blank and anyone could have taken it.. Besides at the end of the day... you haven't got your payment... If I was a buyer and I saw that you hadn't sent an item to someone because you hadn't received payment and they were negative about it.. I would still trust you but not them. If she leaves negative comments on you... you do the same to her explaining non payment... its ebay not freecycle for crying out loud.

Also as there is obviously an "issue" with the whole check thing you should say that you will only remove the unpaid item strike if she pays through paypal in three days... I don't trust checks through ebay tbh.. I would always be too afraid that they would bounce.

TBH shes probably lying. She knew she bid on the item therefore she should be checking whether she won it and that you got payment for it.

BUT I'm a sucker and always give people the benefit of the doubt. How long do you have left on the relisted item? If its more than a couple of days you could email her and say if she gets the payment to you within X number of days (3?) you will remove the dispute and unpaid item strike, otherwise it will remain. If she does pay up you can then end the auction early.

:D :D

jenna said:
she sent one and 4 weeks later after i said id had enough of waiting she said she'd sent another. 2 days after that she asked what my address was (which i gave her) and 7 days later said 'who shall i make this payable to?!' :shock: Iv tried to be as polite as i could when i replied to her message though. it also said on the listing to pay in 3 days!!

Pssf.... Just read that... she seems to be lying.. but sorry.. how can you send a cheque to someone when you don't know their name or their address.... ??? :think: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Fluffy Bunny said:
TBH shes probably lying. She knew she bid on the item therefore she should be checking whether she won it and that you got payment for it.

BUT I'm a sucker and always give people the benefit of the doubt. How long do you have left on the relisted item? If its more than a couple of days you could email her and say if she gets the payment to you within X number of days (3?) you will remove the dispute and unpaid item strike, otherwise it will remain. If she does pay up you can then end the auction early.

:D :D

she won it buy it now. I feel bad for people who give out sob storys bt i supose it does sound weird. I would pay by paypal if there was an issue with a lost cheque especially if i didnt have access to a PC.

she wanted u to lift the unpaid before she had actually paid ? silly moo !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back