Positioning the cot

crackers24

Reaction score
Hi,

DH has bought a lovely cot for LO and for the time being LO will be in our room. Our room isn't particularly big and the only place for the cot to go is next to the radiator.

It doesnt seem to me to be a good place, as LO will probably heat up very quickly.

Will this be a problem?

Thanks in adv for your replies

They advise not to put a cot near radiators due to babies overheating and the increased risk of SIDS.

Mine is next to a radiator but it has been turned off. Maybe you could do that.

I would say if you have nowhere else that the cot can fit then to turn that radiator off. You can always put extra blankets on if baby feels a bit cool

Yes it would be a problem.

Its advised to not place a cot or basket anywhere near a radiator. In the info about preventing SIDS. I'd not have it near there at all. Baby won't be able to move away or do anything about how warm they might be.

You could turn the radiator off and monitor the room temp (around 18C is considered good).

If not why not get a Moses basket to tide you over?

Hmmmmm.... i did think it would cause a problem.

Nevermind. i'll just keep the radiator switched off when baby is in cot and heat the room in advance if need be.

If you turn the radiator off, you could always use one of those little electric heaters to warm the room up. We have a couple, and seem to work really efficiantly, they don't need to be on long to warm the room.

xxx

Or you could just co-sleep and leave the radiator on (particularly if it gets cold) :wink:

switch the radiator off. it will heat u the cot quickly and its dangerous for newborns to get too warm :hug:

yep i wouldnt have it by the radiator either. keep it away - or turn the radiator off :)

i co sleep (but i do try and get her down at the start of the night in her crib)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back