Please Help me, Advice on Best SLR Digital cameras please

Urchin you cant view the pic in the lcd screen while ur taking the pic but u can view it after you've taken it ifkwim,

This is one of my daughter whilst playing

DSC_0305.jpg

This is with a Nikon d60 on sports mode.

There was a leaflet that i took about the cashback, there's a site too

http://www.nikon.co.uk/sites/cashback/default.html

here it is

Jessops are doing the cashback offer I think.

Beth - the blurryness is due to a slow shutter speed - like kelsey said you can choose the sports mode which has a fast shutter (LMAO I nearly typed sh!tter there) speed and prevents blurring. You can also set shutter speed manually but I've yet to figure this all out (been years since I used a 35mm SLR).

It was hard to get out the habit of looking at the LCD screen but I think you can take better piccies looking through the viewfinder.

daftscotslass said:
Jessops are doing the cashback offer I think.

Beth - the blurryness is due to a slow shutter speed - like kelsey said you can choose the sports mode which has a fast shutter (LMAO I nearly typed sh!tter there) speed and prevents blurring. You can also set shutter speed manually but I've yet to figure this all out (been years since I used a 35mm SLR).

It was hard to get out the habit of looking at the LCD screen but I think you can take better piccies looking through the viewfinder.

lol i'm trying to work out the shutter speed thing

i had mine from curries - in any case i think the offer ends soon

ETA - i just checked and the cashback offer has finished

Aw I'm disappointed about the viewfinder thing :? I wonder why you can't preview on the LCD

u cant see the pic properly so i've done it bigger

DSC_0305-1.jpg

ooo never knew you had to look through hole lol. That will take me a while to get back to doing that too.

I will look on the jessops and curries website, Thanks so much for your help xx

Urchin said:
Aw I'm disappointed about the viewfinder thing :? I wonder why you can't preview on the LCD

Well, the closer you've got the camera to your eye by looking through the actual viewfinder the less shakiness and blur you'll have. My camera (obviously not SLR, but just a little Fujifilm Finepix S5500, which is good enough for what I do) can switch between screen and viewfinder, but can't cope with looking just at the screen, using the viewfinder is producing much sharper pictures.

Also, with an SLR, when looking through viewfinder you actually see exactly what the lense "sees" and you've got a much brighter picture and can tell much better what's in focus and what isn't.

widowwadman said:
Urchin said:

Well, the closer you've got the camera to your eye by looking through the actual viewfinder the less shakiness and blur you'll have. My camera (obviously not SLR, but just a little Fujifilm Finepix S5500, which is good enough for what I do) can switch between screen and viewfinder, but can't cope with looking just at the screen, using the viewfinder is producing much sharper pictures.

Also, with an SLR, when looking through viewfinder you actually see exactly what the lense "sees" and you've got a much brighter picture and can tell much better what's in focus and what isn't.

Yeah I know the reasoning behind it, also it will zap the battery etc but I just like the screen bit too... it would be nice to have the option kinda thing :lol:

I think when you get into the likes of manual focus then an LCD preview just isn't needed. Between holding it steady and trying to focus at the same time... you get my drift... would be a total pain.

I've got the Nikon D40X and it's FANTASTIC. I'd really recommend it.

the 300D is a great camera for the price ;)

Used to be into photography when i was younger with a 35mm SLR :lol: decided to get back into it and treat myself to a 450D for my 21st - arrived yesterday! :cheer:

Finlay doesnt like lenses though..
2597279311a9026884560l.jpg

And already gettin bored of me... :lol:
2597279311a9026884797l.jpg

Those were both just taken on auto... im atill playing with settings lol

Thanks craig they are great pictures. I had to laugh at Finlays face on first one!! You big meany daddy putting the lens in his face :rotfl:

Im watching a canon 300 i think on my ebay, It ends at around 9ish tonight, its £190 plus postage, seems ok, but comes with loads of filters, memory cards, couple of baterries.

beth3735 said:
Thanks craig they are great pictures. I had to laugh at Finlays face on first one!! You big meany daddy putting the lens in his face :rotfl:

Im watching a canon 300 i think on my ebay, It ends at around 9ish tonight, its £190 plus postage, seems ok, but comes with loads of filters, memory cards, couple of baterries.

That's really good. You'll find lenses and accessories so cheap. We have some fab pics from these cameras.

This is the description from the listings, Still no bids on it either :)

A complete ‘ready to use’ digital SLR kit, which I used to start out in amateur photography but have now upgraded. The camera itself is a Canon EOS 300D (Digital Rebel) with a Sigma 18-50mm lens (1:3.5-5.6 DC, can be used in AF or MF mode) and carry strap. The camera and lens are around two years old and are in perfect working order and good cosmetic condition with the expected amount of wear after use (mainly on the side grips where you hold the camera and the lens cap - the silver SIGMA letters are slightly worn). There are no scratches or marks on the LCD screen and the lens is in mint condition. I am selling the whole kit as I have recently upgraded. This means that you will also get the following:

- UV filter (used to protect your lens and also filter UV light)

- Hoya Circular Polarising filter (used to eliminate glare and reflection from reflective surfaces such as water or glass and also to enhance blue skies and make clouds appear ‘fluffier’ and more 3D)

- Battery Charger and four lithium ion rechargeable batteries
- 3 x 256mb Flash cards, 2 x 512mb Flash cards and 1 x 1GB Flash card
- San Disk Card Reader
- USB Lead, User Manual and Software CD

:cry: :cry: there are 2 bids on it now!!! Cant afford it now! :(

Oh well back to the drawing board! :wall: :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads