Please help!! Constipation...

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
:( Feel like absulute crap! :cry:
Hayden is really constipated he was straining today and yesterday so we open his nappy, he is poohing its not diarriah just normal mustard coloured poopey.

I just feel so bad cause hes there straining and looks so uncomfy...

He's being fed on Aptamil Extra hungry. 4oz every 3-3.5hours.

Is this normal for babies his age? I feel like im doing something wrong!!!!

Help?!

I think its pretty normal when they are so new, Maia was exactly the same in the first couple of weeks. Lots of grunting, straining and it sounds like they are in pain but it will pass its just because their digestive system is getting used to milk and also getting stronger.

During the night I used to lie awake listening to her till she fell asleep, then I would follow.

Sounds normal to me hun. Babies guts take about 12 weeks to mature so until then you can expect straining and noises. If he is pooing then don't fret. Galen used to thrash around, raise his legs, strain and make gruning noises and eventually he would poo. As he got older and his gut matured it got better.

I read somewhere that is it only considered constipation in babies if it is like rabbit droppings when they do go, other than that, they may not go very often and they may strain and even cry when going.

sass said:
I read somewhere that is it only considered constipation in babies if it is like rabbit droppings when they do go, other than that, they may not go very often and they may strain and even cry when going.

Yup, that is what I was told also. Babies can go a week or more between poos. Although this is more common in breastfed babies, not formula fed ones.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but why is he on extra hungry milk? He's soooo young, surely too young to know whether he's a real guzzler or not.

I'd change down to normal formula if I were you, it's probably too much for his little tummy.

K.xx

KJ said:
I hope you don't mind me asking, but why is he on extra hungry milk? He's soooo young, surely too young to know whether he's a real guzzler or not.

I'd change down to normal formula if I were you, it's probably too much for his little tummy.

K.xx

I agree, its probably too much for his belly to deal with. I'd try him on first milk. xx

KJ said:

K.xx

O I missed the hungry baby bit. I'd look to going back to normal formula if I were you. Just feed a little more often perhaps if he is looking for it. Early days he'll be wanting to feed little and often. I'd be more inclined to feed regular formula but a little more often till he settles down with it.

When Ted was young i tried the extra hungry and he got consipated, so i put him back on aptimil 1 which was loads better, then he went on to hungry from about 8 weeks, its prob a bit rich for him :hug: :hug:

I am sure it's formula as other ladies said switch to normal. or a different brand perhaps. it doesn't sound as constipation maybe gas :think:

You ladies were right oops!

he's off the extra hungry now and on normal milk, oh bought it to start with by accident...

Pooh seems normal no droppings lol!

thanks 4 advice

xxx :hug:

No probs, glad he's better. If he's still a 'hungry baby' he'll prob be fine on that number 2 from about 8/10 weeks. The only thing about number1 is..poo's smell like fish... :rotfl: have you noticed?? Think there's fish oil in it (for brain growth) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back