• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pictures of embryo's

muppetmummy

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how much difference there is between different web sites when looking for pictures of what the embryo looks like at different stages.

For example, this morning I've been looking for pictures of what my bean looks like at 6 weeks. Some pics show a very human looking creature with short arms, legs and eyes. Others show a non human looking thing with a curly top for a head and no sign of any human features.

I bet a lot of these cute miniture baby pictures have been created to support the anti abortion campaign and the latter is more accurate. It annoys me though, I want a true representation of what my bean looks like, no matter how monster like! :x

I agree! I have had the same problem myself. :(

I can't wait until my seventh week.

it is important to remember that this is a time of rapid growth and developement for baby and the difference between 6 weeks and 6 weeks and 6 days is about a quarter of his lifetime so far!

so at the start of 6weeks baby looks a bit like this..

http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-develop ... es-6-weeks

where towards the end he is looking a bit more like this..

http://www.pregnancy.org/pregnancy/feta ... .php#week6

i find the pictures on the second site aren't as accurate as the descriptions - eg see wk7 " feet start to develop" but the picture shoes proper little toes which wouldn't be there unti lthe end of that week at earliest.

it is not an exact science I'm afraid, all babies are different and it is an approximation at best :)

congratulations though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back