Petition!! sign if you agree please!

kimmumof2

Reaction score
Hi this petition was started by a woman who wrote to my local newspaper, it is to get ebay to do something about the sale of take that tickets on their site and the amount of money the fraudsters are asking for for the tickets. i have signed it because i know (myself included) many true take that fans that could not get tickets and are paying above the odds to get their hands on one because the con artists were first in cue!!
sorry about the rant but i cant afford the prices they are askin and think it is really unfair!
xxxx

http://ipetitions.com/petition/takethatconcerttickets

i'm not gonna sign it, a free market is a valuable thing to have in a democracy!

If E-bay stop the selling of tickets for the face value then technically they'll need to stop everyone selling anything for more than they paid for it, antiques and rareities etc

The 'value' of something is what someone is willing to pay for it.

There are two ways to truely stop the touting,

For the organisors to crack down and require id for entry into the gig, the same names that the tickets are booked in as they did at T in the park last year and Glasto this year....i'm sure that take that and their promotors were entirely aware of this situation.

Or for the 'fans' to stop actually paying people way over the odds, inflating the price of them, if no one bought them people would be forced to sell them at face value or wouldnt bother at all.

Morality aside, i certainly wouldnt flinch at selling tickets that i had to make a few quid, if people want to pay that sort of money its entirely their choice

I agree with sparky
if people are willing to pay so much money for not much at all then let them
personally i wouldnt pay that much for a ticket even if i had the money
but its up to the people to buy them if they want

As most people on here know I tried to but TT tickets and failed miserably along with 1000's of other people.

I can therefore understand kimheaths point. Some of the tickets went on sale on e-bay before they were officially on sale. How can that be?

I also agree with the comments about a free market place. However I understand why some cross fans might want to sign a petition and if that leads to future ticket sales to require names and ID upon entry then surely that can only be a good thing?

yeah thats all i am hoping for freya just so the organisers know that next time provisions need to be put into place the real fans being disappointed. the FA do not sell football tickets to anyone who is not joined to their site and they print name on tickets so you cannot resell, this is too stop over pricing and also because of hooligan fans trying to get their hands on them but the same thing could be applied. when i bought tickets to see shayne ward ( :oops: ) they didnt send them out until 3 days before the concert so i suppose this would also prevent resale as there aint enough time, unless people reserve them from you. i think that something needs to be done for next time to stop dissappointment. i cannot afford to pay the prices they are asking but i wudnt even if i could!! xxx

I can see both points, but I think its the box-offices that need to be petitioned not ebay. As sparky said, something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, and fans have the choice of paying it or not. Plus I think that the beauty of ebay is that you can pretty much buy/sell anything, and if you want to petition them about take that tickets I could think of a dozen things more worthy of that kind of petition such as all the "readers wives" style pictures on there for a start! But you cant to that without compromising something else. Its a duoble edged sword.

But I do think the box-offices need to be careful about selling in bulk (if thats who is repsonsible - im just assuming here) because it must be obvious they are touts?

Id be happier to sign this petition if the creator had done thier homework and targeted the people actually responsible for these situation occuring in the first place.

I dont think its anything to do with ebay, its an auction site, people will only pay what they want its not like they are being forced to pay stupid amounts for the tickets or tricked into it. If they want it to stop happening then question the promoters and get some better measures i.e names on tickets etc done.

i agree if the promoters had said from the off that resale is not allowed then ebay would have to take them off, so the fault its with the organisers and i have put this to the woman who started the petition. one auction was taken off ebay and they were askin for £3000 but it wasnt because of the price and i dont think it has anything to do with ebay. i dont think anyone would have bought them for £3000 anyway and if they did then more fool them, i could think off better ways to spend 3 grand!! (i am now lost in thought imagining having £3000 all to myself!!!) lol i can see both sides and i suppose it dont effect you unless you were anxiously waitin for them tickets and i just hope it gets thru to the organisers that next time somethin should be done but to be honest i dont think they actually care about whether people get overcharged for resale of tickets as long as they got their askin price in their pockets!! even the boys from take that have admitted that provisions should have been put in place to stop this! xxxxx

you kick their arses kim!

Glasto's doing a draw this year arent they, so you can register interest then it randomly selects people...sounds like a good idea, tickets are to be issued with a photo!!!

whereabouts do you want tickets for? could keep an ear open

I agree that they should put a stop to this as its not fair to genuine fans
Its a good idea to put your name on the ticket to stop resale
My sister got tickets last year for take that, last minute because they opened up more seats, they were crap seats but she only about £30 for them and you still get to see them, so maybe they will do this later this year too (That was at MEN arena) I will keep my eye open 4 ppl who want tickets

I dont think a petition will work for this and i do agree with the way they have done it for glastonbury but at the same time i think if you are going to have to put your name on tickets they should go on sale a lot closer to the date of the event as you would have wasted a lot of money if something was to come up to stop you from going and you couldnt sell them on. The sad thing is people are going to buy these tickets for the stupid prices people put on ebay so people will continue to sell them for the stupid prices.

I am just waiting till the time in between where the hype wears off for a while or wait till closer to the time.

I'll sign! We paid 100 for Lee Evans tickets and they were only bought for 28 quid! They werent even front row, but somewhere in the middle :(

Ebay makes a killing of things like this and they won't ever put a stop to it.

The bit that gets me is you have to pay immediately when you win them but you don't get the tickets till very close to the concert day! So if the sellers decideds to keep the tickets and go themselves or even sell them again and again there's no way you can get a refund, Paypal claim etc as it would be past the 3months claim deadline.

Mad :wall:

What people tend to forget in situations like this is that lots of times it's the fans themselves that sell them off, cos they are ringing for their own tickets anyway and just buy more.
If you ring up and get through at 9am, and you need 2 tickets....would you REALLY not buy 6 to make a bit of profit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back