Petition for babies to have an echocardiogram after birth!

lea m

Reaction score
Can everyone please click this link and sign the petition!

It is to allow every baby born to have an echocardiogram soon after birth! One of my best friends son was born with a narrowed aorta!
Luckily it was picked up by an ECG when he went to have an op for something else!
If it would have not been discovered, he would have died young, possibly while in his teen years! He recently had heart surgery to correct it and now should live a long healthy life!
So many babies are born with congenital heart disease that goes unchecked! If babies were to have and ECG then things could be picked up earlier and lots of deaths prevented! Around 1 in 145 babies are born with Congenital Heart disease!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/babyecho/

Thankyou ladies! :D

My son Tyler had Kawasaki disease when he was 18 mnths and as this disease can cause aneurysms, he was given an echocardiogram and even though the kawasaki's hadn't affected the heart the consultant found that Tyler was missing a valve and had a narrowed and leaking Aorta which he had had since birth. He now is getting monitored and he could have an operation to fit a catherter into the valve to widen it. When i took Ty to his last appiontment last week i mentioned to the doc that i had a new baby Kobi, the consultant didn't want to know, and said he would not be 'checking' Kobi. I'm definatley signing the petition

Thats horrible that they wont do a simple ECG :evil:
Im sorry you son has these problems and I hope the fix it for him soon! :hug: :hug:
Robson, my friends son, had the catheter first but it was unsuccessful :( But its all done now and hes not even 4 yet so at least thats one good thing! :D

I just wish they would have goven my children and ECG! Or even now! I think its silly that you have to wait until its basically too late to know that there was a problem! :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back