Periods

ClaireSarah

Reaction score
I was just wondering how long it took after birth for your periods to get back to normal. I had what I think was a period starting on 25th Jan but nothing since. OH and I have used protection and haven't had any "accidents", I have been urinating more but other than that I don't feel any different. Do you think I should do a test? l'm a little scared as the medication I'm taking would be harmful to a baby so as much as l would love a little brother or sister for Aidan, if I were pregnant l would more than likely need to have a medical evacuation. Feeling a little confused and frightened. Do you think it could be normal for my periods to be messed up? :pray:

My periods are still a bit messed up, but I would maybe do a test just to put your mind at rest.

:hug:

I'd be interested to know as well, ( I presume your BFing like me?) I've heard it can take sometime before things come back to normal. I believe my sister (who BF for about 18months) took something like a year and a half to get back to normal.
I haven't been using any protection either and would LOVE to have another baba, guess I'll let nature take it's course!

I don't think it should take long for yr body to get back to normal. But if u are breast feeding u may not have periods for 6 months to a year.

Depends on how unlucky u are i guess!!!!!

If u are worried u are pregnant do a test asap. As the more time u are taking medication the more chance u have of causing damage to a little bean.

Hope all works out let us know if u are or not.

Sarah x

keely's just over 5 months now and i've only just had my first proper period :?

made me remember why i loved being pregnant :lol:

keely's just over 5 months now and i've only just had my first proper period

made me remember why i loved being pregnant

I have had 3 since hope was born, :cry:

Thanks for the support girls.

I was breastfeeding for 3 months before i had to switch to formula, for various reasons. I've decided i will test on Monday if nothing has happened by then.

If u are worried u are pregnant do a test asap. As the more time u are taking medication the more chance u have of causing damage to a little bean.

I'm on immunosuppresant meds for as ongoing condition so cannot stop taking these, unfortunately i'd have to keep taking the medication and would have to abort any pregnancy, should that happen :cry:

I'll let you know after i test on Monday, fingers crossed for a BFN! I don't think i am pregnant, just my supreme paranoia taking hold again.[/quote]

Just to update, i couldn't wait any longer and did a test ...BFN :dance: :dance: it's such a relief, still no sign of AF though but i guess that must be normal.

xx :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back