pelvis problems

K&A

Reaction score
Hiya girls,

i had my 34 week midwife appointment yesterday. Everythings fine.. How its supposed to be accept for one slight pain..

my pelvis :(

ive been booked in to go and see a physio because my pelvis has loosened to much so i need to get it checked and do some exercises..

anyone else ever experienced this?. I was just going to put up with the pain.

kylie x

Really hope that you havn't been hit with SPD hunny. If you have, at least it's later rather than earlier. The excersises that the physio gives do help a bit for me but it's apparently just something that we have to live with until baby gets out! :(

xxxxx

i said no thanks to physio as my problems is mainly night time and if i have been sitting for a long time it hurts alot to walk but once i get going im ok.
I think you get some advice on how to move but we just have to put up with it im afraid.
Small steps and keep your legs together as much as you can hun xx

im not worried tbh..

mines the same isobel.. Hurts at night when lying down and then when i get up to walk after sitting for a while but then it goes away. I think the physio may just be more money wasted in the hospital car park :)

kylie x

I only get pelvis pain if ive been sat sit for a while, once i get going it normally eases off! Hope it doesnt cause you too many problems

Oh dear, its running riot on the forum at the moment huh!

Mine was so bad last night, i had sat on the floor to play with the cat and ended up stuck there for 3 hours in agony, i thought i would never manage to get back up again and was debating calling paramedics or something to get me up!

Mine started as purely nighttime, but now its all day, walking is begining to get a real struggle and im stuck on a damn waiting list for the physio.

Oh dear, its running riot on the forum at the moment huh!

Mine was so bad last night, i had sat on the floor to play with the cat and ended up stuck there for 3 hours in agony, i thought i would never manage to get back up again and was debating calling paramedics or something to get me up!

Mine started as purely nighttime, but now its all day, walking is begining to get a real struggle and im stuck on a damn waiting list for the physio.

the midwife told me it could be 2 weeks waiting for an appointment to come through.. i think whats the point really at 34 weeks pregnant x

To be honest you don't really get much from the physio. I was told under no circumstances to do any housework, especially hoovering, mopping floors, bending down to clean bathrooms etc and changing beds ec. Anything that involves my legs being open and that includes a man in between them - her words not mine :lol: She also said I was only to walk when necessary and gave me a belt to use when I was walking but to take off when sitting for more than a couple of minutes. So ladies this is the perfect time to hand it all over to the OH's to do and sit back and relax :dance:

To be honest you don't really get much from the physio. I was told under no circumstances to do any housework, especially hoovering, mopping floors, bending down to clean bathrooms etc and changing beds ec. Anything that involves my legs being open and that includes a man in between them - her words not mine :lol: She also said I was only to walk when necessary and gave me a belt to use when I was walking but to take off when sitting for more than a couple of minutes. So ladies this is the perfect time to hand it all over to the OH's to do and sit back and relax :dance:

aww OH does to much already, id feel terrible asking him to clean aswell.. i hate feeling that im kept from doing things.. but i guess im going to have no choice if i want to get rid of this pain x

aww OH does to much already, id feel terrible asking him to clean aswell.. i hate feeling that im kept from doing things.. but i guess im going to have no choice if i want to get rid of this pain x

I have to admit it's really frustrating not being able to do the wee silly things that really annoy me but it's either that or be in agony so I've just had to let my house take the hit and not be as tidy as I'd like it.

Sorry popping in here ! I have always had hip problems and havee been to physio rather a few times, it is worth it in the long run, IF you do your exercises, cause as soon as you forget you can get so sore quickly, I have to start physio again because I'm pregnant as I need to strengthen my muscles for carrying the baby apparantley, but as long as you really stick to the exercises they give you (such as a large elastic band around your ankles and laying on your side and lifting one leg and keeping this elastic band stretched for a good ten seconds) it really is worth it!

My hips and that have been that bad that I limp everywhere sometimes! so I hope I helped xx

I have to admit it's really frustrating not being able to do the wee silly things that really annoy me but it's either that or be in agony so I've just had to let my house take the hit and not be as tidy as I'd like it.

I live alone so still have to do housework.. My floors are definately suffering though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back