Passport sorted! YAY!!!

Melanie

Reaction score
Well we had fun this week sorting out Thea's British passport. She still isnt registered in Richard's name because Hungary is the most backward nation ever. Being an unmarried couple with a baby causes more problems than you would believe! Until the Hungarian courts release a birth certificate with Richard on it too Thea has to be known as Stewart and have father unknown on her birth certificate which just makes me angry when i think about it. what sort of country doesn't allow you to name a father on a birth certificate just because you are not married to each other!
So for now her passport is issued in my surname. We cant register her British birth certificate (British citizen born abroad) until we get the new Hungarian one. Its a good job having a British mother entitles you to a British passport!

It wasn't fun trying to get a photo the embassy would accept for a passport but we managed eventually. We have some great not acceptable pics! Richard came over all David Bailey, putting up lamps and spotlights to get the perfect picture and no we still didn't manage but the one we got in the end was good enough.

So our tickets are booked - Thea and I leave for England on the 2nd of Dec just in time for my Granddad's 75th birthday party on the 3rd. We are staying until the 17th and then going back to Hungary for Christmas. As nice as Christmas at home would have been i think it would be a bit cruel to leave daddy alone in Budapest with the dog!

I cant wait to go home and show Thea off to everyone!

Oh Mel that's fab how exciting! I can't wait to go back to the UK but it wont be until Feb probably. I have my Mum, step dad and younger brother coming for Xmas week though and maybe my Dad and older brother before that.

Are you nervous about getting on the plane on your own with Thea? I plan to travel back and fourth a lot next year and just hope Leorah takes it in her stride :)

Yeah im nervous about flying on my own with Thea but i figure the earlier we do it the more likely she is to get used to it quickly. Like you I'll be flying with her alot next year. Hey we should try to meet up in an English airport lol.

Have you applied for a British birth certificate for Leorah, Katt?

Hi Melanie!

We have only just recieved her Danish BC so no haven't got round to getting her UK one yet. Maybe I could do it in the UK when I'm there as I think it will be cheaper, the costs are stupid here!

I have a freind that líves in Whitehaven in Cumbria, perhaps next time we go there we could meet up with you in Newcastle if you are there. That is where you are from isn't it? My friend sometimes goes there shopping when she fancies a change from her little village!

How's Thea doing? I bet your family and friends are so excited!

We have just sent of for Ellie's passport as well. I can't believe the photo requirements - we went to a professional photographers in town to get them done so hopefully they won't get rejected. Can't believe she can technically travel under that photo until she is 10!

Nicky_Jones said:
We have just sent of for Ellie's passport as well. I can't believe the photo requirements - we went to a professional photographers in town to get them done so hopefully they won't get rejected. Can't believe she can technically travel under that photo until she is 10!

for kids, uk passports expire after 5 years not 10, so its not quite that bad!

Yes, but it is optional as to whether you update the photo when you renew it after 5 years. So technically they can be upto 10 under a baby photo, though that is probably cruel, I'll admit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back